Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Walter309

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Won't recoginze WPAP or WPA2, only WEP

IBM ThinkPad laptop, running XP Professional, with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG adapter and a Linksys WRT54GS...

The Laptop recognizes the presence of the wireless network I have set up, but will NOT connect to it if I have the security set at WPA or WPA2... but it WILL connect if I have the security set at WEP.    The specs for this adapter say it's supposed to be able to handle the WAP2.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Would the hardware/software on the desktop that's hard-wired to the internet via the WRT54GS have any influence on this?  The hard-wirsed desktop will access the internet regardless of the security setting I assing to the router.

Thanks!

Mort

Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Won't recoginze WPAP or WPA2, only WEP

I think you are using Windows XP Service Pack 1 ..... on the Laptop .... because the service pack one does not handles WPA Personnel sercurity level to connect to network.....
Might be possible you need to download some updated patch/file from Microsoft Website .....
Krish1

Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Won't recoginze WPAP or WPA2, only WEP

Hi,

Incidently, I have the opposite problem. I have Linksys WRTG54 wireless router at home and I use Samsung M55 laptop with the same wireless card and its not supporting WEP. I am forced to use WPA. My laptop has got an XP Professional with Service Pack 2 installed on it. It does connect but complains that it got a connection with a limited connectivity. In short, the connection obtained is useless.

Has anybody got any ideas on how to address this issue?

Kind Regards
Krish