Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jgrode
Accepted Solution

Intermittent Internet connection with WPC100 and WRT110

I purchased a WRT110 wireless router several weeks ago.  Used it with my WPC55AG with no problems at all.  I liked the wireless-N, so I decided to upgrade to a wireless-N notebook card and purchased a WPC100.  I can always connect to the router with 100% signal strength.  However, when trying to access the Internet, sometimes I can connect to websites, but I regularly get an error message that Internet Explorer cannot connect to the internet, even though the signal strength is still 100%.

Tried going back to my WPC55AG and do not get any connection error messages.  Tried connecting to my router with my PSP and do not get any connection error messages.  Connected to another wireless router that didn't have WPA or WEP using my WPC100 and didn't get any connection error messages...

Any ideas?  Thanks!

gandalf

Re: Intermittent Internet connection with WPC100 and WRT110

Try to uninstall and re-install the adapter...Also adjust the wireless settings on your router...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab-
-Here select manual configuratioon...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
-Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Radio Band to Standard-20MHz and change the standard channel to 11-2.462GHz...

- And wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on save settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bits.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network.Now try if you could see the Wireless Network Name/SSID and try to connect...

Click on Advanced Wireless-
settings>>Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation...
Threshold to 2304 Change the RTS Threshold to 2307 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

jgrode

I changed the settings in my router as you suggested except for the security mode - I left it at WPA-2 because I wanted the extra security.  It worked fine for one day until I rebooted my laptop...

I then tried using your suggested router settings and set the security mode to WPA and it has been working fine for 2 days and several reboots!  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you very much for your help with this!

Dishman

Thanks for your post because you helped ME to. Just nice to see that someone knows what they are talking about because customer support does not seem to. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonkaman

[ Edited ]

hello i have the WRT110 and have the same problems as lited above so i followed the directions that you gave and still have intermittent internet. it will worl for a bit with full strength and then it will tell me i am still connected but have limited access and wont let me do anything. so i have to disconect from the router and reconnect to get a few more minutes of internet until it does it agian or until it wont stay connected or wont connect any more. What is going on?

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

sarahburton

I need the driver for WPC 100rangeplus wirelee notebook adapter