Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Grinreaper

Keep losing internet connection on wireless

I've got a WRT330n wireless router splitting my internet connection on a wired Windows XP and wireless WUSB300N on Vista. Router signal is excellent but i keep losing internet conncetion only on Vista wireless adapter. How come? 
Lady Stone

Re: Keep losing internet connection on wireless

I am having the SAME problem, out of no where.  It was working fine and then I changed USB ports and things went hay-wire. Even back in the same port, it is still messged up. I have re-installed it with the tech desk and still no joy....
helm

On the wireless computer if you had not upgrade the drivers to 64bits ... in such case you need to download the latest drivers from http://linksys.com/vista .... uninstall the older drivers & reinstall the upgraded drivers .... See if it works ...
Grinreaper

It's Vista 32 bit Home premium. Thanx anyways :smileytongue:
Realproblem

Yes I have the same problem too. I just bought the WUSB600N dual antennae wireless adaptor for my Windows Vista 32-Bit PC.
I installed it exactly as the directions said, and plugged it into a rear USB slot on my HP m9040n and I got NO CONNECTION. I plugged it in the front and it worked fine, but anytime the computer went to sleep my connection  dissappeared and I had to restart to get it again. I now have it in a rear USB port and a tech from Circuit City's FireDog service had me RIG it to force the connection even if it wasn't broadcasting. now it takes a while to get a connection when I start windows and still even AFTER turning off the "sleep" option it still stops working after about a half an hour regardless of sleep modes. Please help! Oh and by the way I have a WUSB600N dont send me the broken link to the vista driver page for the WUSB300N its the driver for the adaptor above it. thanks

Tony
the boss

i have a wireless-G 2.4ghz  54mbps broadband router i need to know how to hook it up so i do not keep losing the internet
thanks
 the boss
vegasbreath

I have the exact same problem as you except mine is with the WUSB300N Linksys adapter..  Had a sound problem when I first installed it also, but after installing the new drivers from Dec 2007, it seemed to fix everything...

But now when I restart my computer and leave the linksys adapter plugged in my computer will freeze on startup.. another problem is now when I go into sleep mode and turn it back on, it acts like it doesnt even see that it is there.  Did you ever get anything resolved with it, or did you just buy something else?

Im running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit..

thanks
Michael Kintner

Re: Keep losing internet connection on wireless (HELP)

I too have an HPTouchScreen with built in USB wireless with a WRT600N wireless router and for some reason I keep losing my WFI connection and it is a real pain trying to get it back.  In the Computer Manager it says I have an unknow device however it is really a HP 802.11abg wireless LAN.  I end up deleting the unknown device rebooting like three times then I finally get it back.  Nothing in the event viewer.

I also have the same problem with my Tosiba tablet laptop as well for some reason it just loses the connection.

My build on the router is 1.01.36 build 3.

Does anybody haveany suggestions?

Mike
Michael Kintner
www.MichaelKintner.com
Grinreaper

Re: Keep losing internet connection on wireless (HELP)

[ Edited ]
Well, i put the wireless adapter on my Dell compter and wired this computer instead. Problem fixed except that now that i have a network established,my Dell computer is experiencing a sound gitch every 1 min cuse of the wireless adapter :smileysad:

Thanx for all the replies from you guys :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Grinreaper on 06-14-2008 07:57 PM