Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frustrated?!

Linksys E1200 Adapter

I am trying to go wireless with my desktop computer. I have Windows XP and service pack 3 on my computer. I run the disk and it says it doesn't recognize my adapter. I run it again and it says I have to have service pack 3 from Windows Updates. I have this, but the disk won't let me go any further. What do I have to do to install the adapter. I also have fiber optic cable. When I try to install my router, I can't get Internet. I thought this was suppose to be easy.

brickmonkey

Re: Linksys E1200 Adapter

What I understand from the above post, you are trying to install an adapter AE1200. What you can do is that, you can download the latest drivers from the Linksys/Cisco website or from the following link: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/adapters/AE1200 . After downloading  install it manually. Here are the steps:

# Click on Start --> Run and in the run box type "devmgmt.msc" and click Ok...

# Device manager window will appear and in that check for the Linksys adapter.. Right-click on the name of the Adapter that you want to install and click Update Driver Software…

# A window will appear asking “How do you want to search for the driver software?".. Click “Browse my computer for driver software"..

# Select the option “Search for driver software in this location “then click on Browse..

# Select the driver that you Downloaded and click on next button...

NetTapestry

Since you can't connect to the internet, you'll need to use a different computer, DLK the driver, transfer it with a USB or something similar, to your computer and do it that way. And by the way, nothing is EVER easy when it comes to Internet Dependent Devices... especially without a disc.

TheSweeper

My Windows XP shows network connections on the control panel, but when I tried to tie to a LinksysE1200 I'm told that my computer doesn't have network capability. Do I need an adapter? If so, what kind?

hillary681

TheSweeper wrote:

My Windows XP shows network connections on the control panel, but when I tried to tie to a LinksysE1200 I'm told that my computer doesn't have network capability. Do I need an adapter? If so, what kind?

when you go in to "network connections" what are the connection options? do you have local area connection or wireless network connection? looks like your computer may not have any based on the error you are getting. so you can either get an ethernet adapter or a wireless network adapter. depends on how you'd like your computer to connect to the network (wired or wireless).

go for wireless! you can get the AE1200 (suited with the E1200).

AE1200 Features

• Leading Wireless-N technology for top performance and range
  • High Speed (up to 300 Mbps) for fast wireless transfer rates
  • Extended range with multiple (MIMO) antennas

Minimum System Requirements

• Computer with CD or DVD drive
  • Operating System running on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, or Windows 7
  • Available USB 2.0 port