Maser

Linksys WUSB600N poor signal

[ Edited ]

Hi would be grateful for help with this.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, adaptor installed with latest driver from the site and I have not installed the Linksys connection manager software, I am just using Windows.

I have just installed the WUSB600N to replace a Linksys WUSB54GP v4 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter as I thought this would improve the signal strength and speed, I read somewhere that the BT Hub 2 (brand new one) would work better with an N rated adaptor.

The advanced settings on the adaptor are set at:

Adhoc support 802.11n - Disable

IEEE802.11h - Enable

Multimedia/Gaming Environment - Disable

Radio On/Off - Enable

(would someone please check that the above settings are correct/the same as theirs please)

With the WUSB600N set up as above and in the same position as the WUSB54GP the signal is very poor and I have gone back to the old adaptor.

Are there settings I need to adjust to improve the signal strength, either on the Hub or the adaptor?

I am really disapointed and hope I have not wasted my money, so if anyone could help that would be great, thanks.

Maser

Re: Linksys WUSB600N poor signal

Just so you know live support has told me to swap the adaptor for a new one.

Ultimus

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem here. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and used to have a WMP54G PCI card, now upgraded to this WUSB600N (version 2), because I figured it'd have better range and speed. It almost seems like the opposite is true and it keeps losing connection as well.

I'm using the wireless router that came with my internet connection. Granted, it's only a 802.11G router, but still, my notebook that is almost two years old now has an Intel 5100 wireless radio and I can sit much farther away from the same router than my PC is with the WUSB600N USB stick. The notebook's connection is rock solid while my PC's connection is worthless.

I'm using the latest drivers and am also wondering if these advanced settings would help or if the Linksys software (not Windows own connection software) could help with the connection problems?

I'm also wondering if replacing the stick helped Maser out or if the problems persisted. Personally, I can't imagine getting the exact same hardware replaced will help this problem...

Thanks in advance.

EMIN007

FYI I have a brand new V2 and it has the same exact problems... so save your money and make some more calls to Cisco and have them find a solution for this problem and not try to redirect you into another product that is going to have the same exact problems! 

Ultimus

Meanwhile, I've had mine exchanged and the situation got better actually. Well, one weird problem remains: within five minutes, I always lose connection once. After that, it mostly is solid afterwards, which is an improvement and I can live with it. Still getting less connection quality bars than my Intel wireless 5100 notebook, but oh well.