Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
grobmort

Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter and Windows 7

I have a recently purchased Gateway with Windows 7. As I hooked it up, i connected everything that was needed to be connected (mouse, keyboard, printer, etc.). I also connected my Linksys Wireless-G USB Network adapter (model: WUSB54G ver. 4). I booted the computer and began working on the settings. When i got to the network settings, I discovered that the Adapter i had connected did not have drivers installed on the PC. So, naturally I thought, "No problem," and began to search for the disk that had the drivers on it. I located the disk and put it in the drive and installed the drivers. It did not work. The problem persisted, claiming that there were no drivers. Thoughts began to run through my head such as, "Is this adapter able to configure to work with Windows 7?" I have searched the internet for answers, thought i had a few leads but all came up dead. I have tried many things and have not found any similiar scenarios. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

ellaryk

Re: Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter and Windows 7

Try this post: http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&thread.id=24088
peanuts

WUSB54G is not compatible with Windows7..The compatible USB adapter for Windows7 are WUSB600N v2 and WUSB54GC v3.
grobmort

Okay thank you!