robyda

Linksys Wpc300n adapter does not work with wpa authentiation on Linksys wrt300n wireless router

Looks like Wpc300n wireless adapter does not seem to work with wpa 2 or wpa personal authentiation on wrt300n linksys wireless router.

Here's my test bed:
  1. I used 3 windows xp dell laptops for my test
  2. 2 laptops had internal intel wireless adapter and the 3rd had a linksys wpc300n external wireless adapter

Here's what I observed:
  1. I setup my wrt300n wireless router / access point with wpa2 authentication
  2. Both my laptops that has the internal intel wireless adapters were able to connect to the router, get an I.P. and get connected to internet. The laptop with the linksys wpc300n adapter could not get an IP
  3. The linksys tech support agent told me to change the router authentication setting to wpa personal instead of wpa2 - same result. Intel adapters could connect, linksys could not
  4. Finally, per the linksys tech support agent's advice, I changed the authentication from wpa personal to wep, and voila! the linksys adapter can  now talk to the linksys router!

Seems kind of strange that an intel adapter can inter-operate better with a linksys router than a linksys adapter!

Has anyone else noticed this problem or found a work around?

Thanks in advance for your help!

southernfried

Re: Linksys Wpc300n adapter does not work with wpa authentiation on Linksys wrt300n wireless router

Support for WPA2 is not supported in XP until you download and install this patch  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displa...  .  It is not normally installed.

As far as the WPA it should work with no problem if configured correctly.  I have the same router/adapter setup and didn't have any problems.  I would suggest that you check to see that you have the latest drivers for the adapter.