Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Linkmeister

Linksys wireless adapter compatible with MSN TV2?

[ Edited ]
According to the MSN TV2 website (http://www.msntv.com/pc/get/peripherals.asp) the Linksys WUSB11 and WUSB12 were compatible with the MSN TV2. Since those are no longer available in retail stores, does the newer WUSB54GC work with the MSN TV2? MSN's customer service says it doesn't know. Since I think there are few if any engineers at Redmond who focus on the MSN TV2 regularly, that doesn't surprise me.

I have a DSL connection to a PC at the back of the house and want to install the Linksys WRT-54G wireless router there and plug in a wireless adapter into the USB port on the back of the MSN TV2 receiver, but I don't want to buy one which doesn't work, meaning I'd have to take it back and then be frustrated at an inability to connect. Can anyone help?

Update: I just got out of a live chat with Linksys personnel, and she tried hard but had no answers. She decided to bump the question to her boss and we'll see what comes of it.

If anyone's tried this successfully, I'd like to know rather than wait for somebody at HQ to find an MSN TV receiver on which to test it.

Message Edited by Linkmeister on 08-30-2007 06:52 PM

Message Edited by Linkmeister on 08-30-2007 07:40 PM
Mort

Re: Linksys wireless adapter compatible with MSN TV2?

hi... i believe it requires any 802.11 B/G wireless ethernet bridge...so WUSB54GC wireless adapter should work, however you may try liksys WET54G ethernet bridge...
justdhf

Re: Linksys wireless adapter compatible with MSN TV2?

I have a msntv2 and hp pavilion 4540 running windows 98. I have them hooked up to a wrt54g with ethernet cables. The wusb54gc will not work on the msntv2. You have to use the wusb11 or wusb12.
I can't get it to work on PC because it requires windows 98SE and up.
So my wireless - G USB adapter is sitting in a box waiting for me to get a better PC or uprade to windows 98SE.

David