leminhh

My wireless Constantly disconnects during online game play!

I have linksys wireless adapter WUS8600N.

It works fine and never disconnects BUT when i am online gaming it disconnects randomly during games, so i can never finish a game!
why is that?!
Is it the wireless router's fault? or my adapter? or my computer?
help please!
yleclerc

Re: My wireless Constantly disconnects during online game play!

Which version / level of Windows?

Are you using the Linksys drivers only or the Linksys Network Monitor software (Windows 2000 or XP only?)

Gollum

Re: My wireless Constantly disconnects during online game play!

So when you are browsing internet on your computer it work perfectly, Only while playing Online games you are getting disconnected. So i think in this case you need to make some changes on your Router itself. Follow this setps on your Router.

Whats the Model number of your Router. Assuming you have a N Series router. Here the settings which you can set on  your Router. 

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab

- Set the Radio Band to Standard-20MHz and change the Standard channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 50 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...