shams1

The IP address is denied by DHCP

I'm using Linksys WUSB600N wireless adapter and WAG160N ADSL2 +Gateway. My operating system is Windows XP Professional SP3.

Connection always establishes,  but each time that Log on, I get the following nasty System error in my Event Viewer:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Dhcp
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1002
Date:        8/26/2009
Time:        11:21:25 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    FAMILYROOM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the Network Card with network address 001EE5E4EE69 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

The Linksys  Chat support and the Phone support weren't able to understand the problem and solve it. I shall be grateful if someone could help me to get this problem resolve.

binky

Re: The IP address is denied by DHCP

Here are some settings which you can change on your Computer and check if this solves the problem or not.

To resolve this behavior, configure the bindings for the DHCP Server service:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click DHCP.
  2. In the DHCP Console, right-click the server object, and then click Properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Bindings.
  4. Under Connections and Server Bindings, enable the user interface that is to be used to service DHCP client requests.
  5. Click OK, click OK, and then close the DHCP Console.
  6. Click Start, point to Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
  7. Locate and restart the DHCP server service.

shams1

Re: The IP address is denied by DHCP

Hi,

In windows XP Profssional, the Adminstrative Tools is in the Control Panel and in there, regretfully, there is no DHCP to configure.