gazzasmiff
Accepted Solution

This is not going to be easy. But i hope someone will try to solve it?

I have 2 dell computers. 1 which is windows 7 ultimate with a Wusb600N, and 1 which is windows XP pro with a WMP300N, these connect to a WAG325N also connected via wireless is a PS3 and sometimes an iPod touch.

Since i added the windows 7 computer onto wireless the system goes down for some reason then i have to turn all of the computers and router off and then back on again usually it connects ok then, i can only imagine that it is the fault of the windows 7 machine as the wireless system was ok to the point of adding that. What have i done wrong????  

great_white

Re: This is not going to be easy. But i hope someone will try to solve it?

Try to change some advanced wireless settings on the router and see if that works.

Open the setup page of the router. Go to the wireless tab and click on Advanced wireless settings. Change the beacon interval to 75, RTS threshold to 2307 and fragmentation threshold to 2306. 

You have installed the WUSB600N adapter on the windows 7 computer. Try to update the drivers for the adapter. Download the latest drivers from the Linksys website. Open the Device manager and update the drivers of the wireless adapter. Restart the computer and connect to the wireless network.

gazzasmiff

Thanks for your reply Great_White,

I do have the WUSB 600N on the Windows 7 machine.

I thought that i had the only software for windows 7 on my machine 3.0.10.0.

But i will certainly try the things you have suggested.

Thanks for your help once again

gazzasmiff

Sorry i have not replied before this. I have tried the things you suggested and i would say that there is a great improvement although i would hesitate to say that it is a cure.  It is still diconnecting itself sometimes for no reason and i am suffering from the disconnection when it hibernates (Although i think that is a problem that nobody seems to have an answer too). Thanks once again i am very grateful