Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
thebiginch

USB Wireless Adapter Stopped Working??

My adapter WUSB54GSC was working.  Had to shut down a breaker on that line and when I turned the PC back on it cannot find the adapter.  I've plugged the adapter into several ports to no avail.  The indicator light only blinks once and then nothing.  Is the adapter fried or can it be something else?
ArcticFerret

Re: USB Wireless Adapter Stopped Working??

Same thing has happened to my WUSB54GSC ever since an unexpected shutdown. I've tried all my USB items in every port on my computer and have even switched the Wireless adapter around on all the USB ports, it seems to be my Wireless Adapter. A computer technician friend said to try to uninstall the driver and reinstall a new one and see if that works, I tried it and it does not work. It still will not come on right at boot-up. However, if I unplug it and then plug it back in, it works after about 10 seconds, OP have you tried plugging yours back in a few times ot see if it comes on at all? I think the wireless adapter might be shot, but I cant be certain since mine works after replugging it in, but I still cant get it to work right at boot-up. I'm as confused as ever.

thebiginch

Thanks for the feedback but I have plugged it in many times in every USB port,rebooted, you name it.  The Device Manager says it is working properly, but will not detect the network.  Other family members have laptops and use the wireless signal so I know it is not the router.

I guess I'm just going to have to buy a new adapter.  If anyone has any other ideas?  I think I'll just buy a cheap model if they are going to be tempremental.

oook

Check on the device status on your computer

Right Click on "My Computer">> go to Properties>> Click on the 'HARDWARE' tab and then click on the 'DEVICE MANAGER' button.- Click on the plus(+) sign before the 'NETWORK ADAPTERS' to expand it.- Right click on your Wireless adapter and click on properties...and check the device status....is it says "this device is working properly" or getting some error code...

If the adapter is not listed under  'NETWORK ADAPTERS' then check do you have something call "OTHER DEVICES".

*Also check on different computer to check whether your adapter is detected or not...?

thebiginch

The device manager detects the adapter and says working properly.  I've plugged the adapter into several other computer and it does detect the adapter.  When you try to connect the computer says it cannot detect a network.
oook

As in device manager it says that "the device is working properly"...it means you just need to uninstall and reinstall the adapter..

Follow this link

thebiginch

I will give the uninstall install a try and see what happens.  I will keep you posted.  It's the only thing I've yet to try.
Ganshel

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem I did what oook said but for me its doesn't show up in network adapters. I plug it on the other computer (with USB cable extension and without USB cable) but it doesn't detect it or the LED  does not light up it I even tried on the x-box 360 to see if the Light turn on but no luck. What else can I do ? (I'm using Model.No.WUSB300N Wireless-N USB Network Adapter)
Message Edited by Ganshel on 08-13-2009 07:56 PM