USA1fan

Using a WET610n bridge to connect XBox 360 to home network..

Did I make a mistake and buy the wrong product?  I've configured the WET610n and connected it to the console, and the console connects over my network to the internet, including XBoxLive.  However, I can't get System Link games to connect between the two consoles in my house.  The second 360 is connected directly to a WRT610n (the same one the WET610n is bridged to).

From the bit I've been able to find that seems to be about similar situations, it sounds like I need my bridge to be able to clone the console's mac address?

Is Linksys planning to allow this option with the WET610n in the future?

Has anyone else got a similar setup working?

Is there a better option?  (I also have a spare WRT300N V1 that I briefly considered flashing with DD-WRT and using as a bridge instead, but I'm not sure if that would even work, or even if I could get enough info to configure it correctly for the task.

Thanks for any replies.

saber_tooth

Re: Using a WET610n bridge to connect XBox 360 to home network..

Cloning the Mac Address feature is not available on WET610N.

Try connecting the 2nd X-Box(which is connected to the bridge) directly to the router and check if you are able to connect between the two consoles in my house.

USA1fan

Directly connecting the 2nd X-Box to the switch or router works, but defeats the purpose of the wireless adapter- avoiding stringing a 75 foot network cable throughout the house.  Oh well, I suppose I'll be selling the WET610N and purchasing Microsoft's wireless N 360 adapter that was announced recently.
BBQSmoker

Man I sure wish I had read this thread earlier today.  I have been on the phone with XBOX reps all day trying to get them to understand the problem and get a solution.  Finally got one person that semi new something other than the usual scripted TS procedure.

Did anyone get a resolution to this or a reason why it won't work from Linksys or MS?  Here are my details:

1 XBox 360, 1 Xbox, DirecTV, Toshiba HDDVD and Samsung B8000 plugged to Linksys 8 port hub/  8 port hub plugged to WET610N Wireless Dual Band Bridge

Linksys WRT610N doing DHCP on subnet to primary (610= 192.168.2.1  DSL modem =192.168.1.1)  To this I have a wired 5 port hub to one PC and the 610N wired to another PC plus wireless to a print server and laptop.  A Linksys 5 port hub is wired to the 610N which has a Sony Media Adapter and Xbox 360.  No special configurations on the router except UPnP.  No port forwarding or any of that.

These all play together and separately very well except the 2 Xbox 360's in system link mode (XBOX Live Online works on all three xboxes separately)  Media Sharing works to all Xbox 360s and  3 PCs.

System link has been tested plugging both xboxes into one hub with 70 feet of CAT-5 and work as advertised, but will not work when wire to the above configuration.  The Host xbox sets up the game, the guest sees the host game and when it try's to join I get the 1..2..3..4.. "Unable to Connect to Host" error.

Anyone at Linksys taken this one on?

Sure would like a good reason why it works on a hub by themselves and not with my home LAN.  Willing to work with any "smart" tech or person on this.

BBQSmoker

One can assume many things when no one replies from Linksys on this subject.  Don't know, don't care or no one home?
ridcully

So when you hardwired both the XBOX directly to the Router, you are able to share the data between them, but not wirelessly.When your XBOX is wirelessly connected to the Network and when you try to share the data with your other xbox are you getting any kind of error message?
BBQSmoker

[ Edited ]

Ummmm....yes.  Did you read my post?  Very end of second to last paragraph.  "Error, Unable to connect to host"

Here is a thread with more detail and where I have been and done.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=42&post=28659&page=1&p=1&...

Message Edited by BBQSmoker on 02-28-2010 09:28 PM