Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mark27

WET610N on my Panasonic TH-58PZ850U is not working. Please help.

I have the Panasonic TH-58PZ850U with Viera Cast. The recommended wireless bridge to access the net thru this TV is the WET610. I Purchased the WET610 back in February 2010 and could never get it to work. I have called Panasonic tech support; Linksys tech support and Netgear (my wireless router brand) tech support. Multiple phone calls and hours on end with still no luck. Linksys, after the third phone call suggested the unit may be defective and to send it in for a replacement, which I did do. Today (4-22-10) my new replacement arrived. I went thru the setup process and STILL the TV does not acces the net. Everything on the TV is working properly and all the "test connection" procedures on the TV all succeed, so now I am officially at a loss as to what the issue is. I'm pulling my hair out over this. Everything is in proper working order yet the tv wont connect. The Viera Cast server on Panasonic end is up and running according to Panasonic tech support.

So if anyone is familiar with the WET610N and/or the Panasonic TH-58PZ850U can you please throw some help my way. I'm hoping someone on here may have had the same problem and knows what to do to get this working.

I would like to add I did not upgrade to the latest firmware with this new replacement I recevied today. I did the upgrade on the last one and that did not solve the problem. I know its good to have the latest firmware and I WILL upgrade to it but before I do I'd like to present the forum with my problem before I do any upgrading so I can take it from square one.

Anyway, i would greatly appreciate ANY help I can get on this issue. I am searching these boards and the net in general also but have yet to find any solution. I will keep looking but hopefully someone on here can lead me to the light!

Mark

helm

Re: WET610N on my Panasonic TH-58PZ850U is not working. Please help.

If you have configured your Bridge with your Netgrear router, when you are trying to connect to your Panasonic TV and test the connection are you getting any kind of error message? If yes, then post the error message in your next post.

Also make sure the Wireless Settings of your Bridge and the Netgear router are identical, and also check if you have Enable any MAC filtering on your Netgear Router, you Disable it and then try to connect to your Panasonic TV and then check if you are able to connect to your TV.

Mark27

The message I get when I click Viera Cast is below:

Connection To The Server Failed (002)

I will look into your suggestions. I will re-post once I do/check everything you suggested.

I will also hard wire the router to the tv. I landed a 60ft ether net cord today specifically to try and hard wire it and see how that goes. For all I know it may be the tv being the problem. We'll see.

I really am amazed I have yet to get this figured out. Hopefully what u suggested will get it going!

Thank you for your response.

helm

Well the given settings should work. If in case you face any further issues then update it in your next post.

Mark27

so I called Panasonic again and now they are telling me that 3 ports have to be open on my router:

Port 1 - 48705

Port 2 - 80

Port 3 - 443

ive opened the ports in port forwarding and also tried it in port triggering in my netgear router wizard and still nothing.

Today again ive called all 3 organizations (panasonic; Netgear; Linksys) and everyhting as it stands is configured proprley..all connection test, again, on tv succeed.

I've contacted netgear but you have to pay for tech support which i feel is **bleep**. I was going to have them walk me thru opening the ports and if I was CONVINCED they could get it working and also connet to someone that can speak clear english I would GLADLY pay for it....but I'm not confident in either so I'm going at it alone.

THis is going on 5 months now with replaced items; numerous phone calls; endless chats...countless emails ....to all 3 organizations and I am not any further along then I was 5 months ago,,,,I've got nothing!

schulze@schulzedouglas.com

[ Edited ]

It does not seem to go wireless even with linksys' own routers [I tried with two wrt300n's]. It shows up as a device on the router when connected by cable - you enter its settings - IP address is correct - secure connection is disabled as on the router - network name is correct.  But the wet610 cannot verify the settings when it goes wireless; one gets an error 109 message - device not found - well, it sure was found by the router when wired but when wireless.

The wet610 is not recognized by the sony blu-ray, pioneer blu-ray or elite plasma with media gallery not by the seagate media player.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

schulze@schulzedouglas.com

By way of further update: the router [wrt300n] still shows the wet610 as a device connected by LAN even after it has been disconnected and the router's device list has been refreshed. The wet610 refuses to go wireless.

laperiut

Hi, found solution, sorry this thread is quite old, if this works please change name of thread to SOLVED.

ok here is what i did, took me over a week to get here with various resets, port forwarding, even got a new router because it was fustraiting me.

Our TV is a panasonic new 42inch, viera cast.

It was working fine one week then the next just wouldnt connect to the veira cast server.

We changed nothing at all.. silly technology.

It would still connect to our wireless router and view our computers and watch videos from the computer.

We tried restarting the router, changing from ethernet to wireless we had no luck.

BUT THEN,

we called up Harvey Norman where they called Panasonic for us.  

at this point we thought we had gone through EVERYTHING.

{SOLUTION}

there is an option under Options, TV settings or somethjing have a look around, its called Shipping.

This option here will reset your TV back to factory defaults. Restetting all ports EVERYTHING back to when you first got it.

This option here took us about 10 minutes to refigure our tv, I really thought this would work but upon setting it back up it worked for us,.

hope this helps.