Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nicholas-L

WMP300N Working on Windows 7, 64-Bit!!

I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-Bit the other day.  I installed all drivers that came with my PC's Hardware, all went smooth.  INCLUDING: Installing the original Linksys WMP300N Software/Driver Disc.  I'm not sure how it installed, since i have a 64-Bit OS.  It says that "This device is working properly", although no "Power Managment" tab came up in its Properties Menu.  I had to manually go to the Registry Editor and turn off Some "Power Saving Features", like it auto-turning off.  That's all i did an i'v had NO problems with it.   Although, I don't use the software, and never have, i prefer Microsofts...     I'v also got a second PC with a different Linksys adapter(Non PCI One)working great on 32-Bit Win7.   Anyone else get it to work on Windows 7?
tmattoneill

Re: WMP300N Working on Windows 7, 64-Bit!!

Hi there, I'm wondering if your WMP300N stopped working last night (May 17) after the latest Win7 update? Mine had been working fine but this morning, after a reboot from an update, my card was no longer recognized and trying to reinstall the drivers didn't help.

My computer now sees an "unknown ethernet card" under the device manager and the power light on the internal card isn't lit up.

I was obviously very happy when win7 worked flawlessly with my WMP300N card initially and am very bummed about this.

Please let me know!

Matt 

Al Capwn

Yeah I had the same issue, what you need to do is roll back to the previous driver. If you're not 100% sure on how to do this; go into Device Manager (right click on 'Computer' -> 'Manage', and then select 'Device Manager' on the left Side). Then expand 'Network Adapters' then go to properties on your wireless adapter. Then in the next window select the 'Driver' tab then select the 'Roll back Driver' and you should be all set!

rdgilberg

Here is my answer to the lack of support from Cisco:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nrmzlujkdee/WMP300N Windows 7 Driver.rar

I am presently using this driver to connect.

syst3m3rr0rz

Thank you SO MUCH for this driver. Where did you find this, if I may ask?

rdgilberg

Looked at 4 or 5 versions and finaly found pieces enough to make 1 work - 2-3 hrs work - but well worth it.

georgemonahan

once you get to registry editer how do you manage power save options

xccms

[ Edited ]

The links is not working any more, and i got the same failure as you..

Can you please re-upload the file.:smileyhappy:

fuzioninfinity

Bump! I need that file as well! Thanks in advance.

odysseus99@comcast.net

Have had the same problem - my WMP300N works fine for Vista 32 but refuses to operate fopr Win 7 64 bit:  can someone please give me alink to the correct drivers forthis???

Thanks