TonyCooper

Re: WMP300N latest driver does not work for XP (4.150.31.0)

I've deleted those entries in the registry before installing the driver. It installed without a problem.

Try running the free DPC Latency Checker from

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/free_download.shtml

and see if your PCI buss is saturating.

My system appears to run smoothly until I load it up playing a game with the wireless enabled. Disabling it allows the game to be played without a problem.
TALBOT

I've just spent 3 hours trying to get the latest wmp300n driver to work. Not impressed, though I appreciate the tips on deleting the files through regedit. Couldn't have done it without those hints. So thanks.
However, though the driver works and connects to the network, I'm still getting that lockup problem that the driver was supposed to fix.
Anyone else having similar problems?
I'm at the point where I'm going to toss this adapter into the river.
I'm running XP SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 8250 running 1 gb of ram.
Any help would be appreciated.

IrvS

I've been fighting for days with the OLDER driver. I've tried the registry clean and it doesn't fix it. I get a message during install that the driver can't be installed, no more info. However it does install. I can use the utility or WZC. However, in both cases the speed is listed as 1.0 Mbps. A test of my Inet connection speed shows 8+ Mbps. The Latency Check is fine?

I've tried a re-install a few times, which requires removing the card and putting it back in. I've got the latest driver on the computer, but I think I should resolve the 1.0 Mbps problem first before trying that? What are others seeing for the Mbps?

I notice that the Utility on the Status page tells me it is Wireless G? The router (WRT350N) is in Mixed mode which should support both N and G? The G system isn't on now either?

Suggestions? At this point I'm not sure a re-install will do anything and might not even work at all?
Thanks,
Irv S.
TonyCooper

[ Edited ]
Not sure if this will help you or not.

When I installed both the older and latest Linksys drivers, I did not use the Linksys installation utility. I installed the card and then used the Windows new hardware wizard to manually point to the driver on the CD or download location.

I also set the power saving feature off in advanced driver config in device mgr.

I then used WZC to setup my wireless connection parameters. I connected at 270Mbps.

I am not using the linksys card any longer. I prefer the EDIMAX 802.11N over it. If I did use the linksys WMP300N, I'd use the older driver.

Good luck, Tony

Message Edited by TonyCooper on 01-23-2008 07:38 AM
dfeierabend

fix worked like a charm. Thanks.