haggagy

WMP300N read only 54M with WAP300N access point

Hello evrybody , i have an access point WAP300N and a WMP300N adapter and the conection speed is 54M only , i dont know where the mistake
helm

Re: WMP300N read only 54M with WAP300N access point

To get a Good spped from you WAP to you Adapter please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
-Here select manual configuratioon...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
-Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on save settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bits.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network.Now try if you could see the Wireless Network Name/SSID and try to connect...

Click on Advanced Wireless
settings>>Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation...
Threshold to 2304 Change the RTS Threshold to 2307 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

When you installed the Linksys Wireless Adapter on you Computer, At the Right Botton of your screen you will find Linksys WLAN Monitor.... Open the monitor.... Select the Network.... Type in your Security Key.... Click on Connect. 

By doing this i think you will get a good speed.