eznoh

WMP54G Monitor Disabled

I can't get the monitor icon for a WMP54G PCI adapter to turn green, its always disabled. I had it working a while back but now the icon stays gray. I have re-installed a couple of times. Hardware manager says the device is installed properly and working properly. I have to WSZ service disabled and the WMP54 service enabled. If I remove the linksys software the network shows up but I can't get a network address. My notebook works fine running wireless. I'm using a linksys WRT150N router. I'm running XP SP2. Any ideas? Mike
sgabriel

Re: WMP54G Monitor Disabled

The same problem with mine.. Help please! :smileysad:
brickmonkey

It seems that Linksys utility & windows utility is having conflict..... try this setting ....

Click start >> all programs >> linksys wireless G adapter >> click uninstall >> insert the disc of adapter >> exit out of set up wizard >> reboot the computer >> it will show you found new hardware >>  install the drivers for the adapter .....

Use the wireless zero configuration for wireless connection ....
it will not ahow any icon of linksys utility on system tray ...as you are using windows utility for connection ....

eznoh

brickmonkey wrote:
It seems that Linksys utility & windows utility is having conflict..... try this setting ....
Click start >> all programs >> linksys wireless G adapter >> click uninstall >> insert the disc of adapter >> exit out of set up wizard >> reboot the computer >> it will show you found new hardware >> install the drivers for the adapter .....
Use the wireless zero configuration for wireless connection ....
it will not ahow any icon of linksys utility on system tray ...as you are using windows utility for connection ....

I have tried that. Windows networking can "see" my wireless network and it accepts the WAP password but it can never find a network address. Mike
brickmonkey

If it is not showing any Ip address ... try to use static Ip address in the range of router .... i.e. 192.168.1.1 ...with subnet 255.255.255.0...& gateway 192.168.1.1 (default address)....
Again try to ping gateway address & see it is working or not...
eznoh

brickmonkey wrote:
If it is not showing any Ip address ... try to use static Ip address in the range of router .... i.e. 192.168.1.1 ...with subnet 255.255.255.0...& gateway 192.168.1.1 (default address)....
Again try to ping gateway address & see it is working or not...

I tried that. At first it seemed to work, the icon says I am connected with very good signal strength. I can ping the gateway but not outside the gateway. Also, it causes the router to freeze. Mike
brickmonkey

As you are not getting reply beyond gateway address.... check on hardwired computer ..... if the router is properly configured or not....

eznoh

I believe I have the router properly configured, both the hardwired PC and my notebook connecting wireless access the Internet just fine. Mike
acidsoup

I had the same exact problem with the monitoring tool in the task tray showing a status of "Disabled". I also followed the steps to remove the software, reseated the PCI card and installed the drivers again. That didn't work. I moved the PCI card (wireless WMP54G Card) to a different PCI slot on my mobo and reboot my PC. My wireless card is receiving signal and status is green. This is the second WMP54G wireless card I bought and of course It failed on the install on my own PC. So try to move the PCI wireless card to another slot or reseat it in the PCI slot. Acidsoup 42
eznoh

I bought a WMP54GS and it works fine. Mike