Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
wancell

WMP54G and Windows 7 drivers

Where are the drivers or any officcial info from Linksys on Windows 7 drivers?
jthielen

Re: WMP54G and Windows 7 drivers

Good question. It is almost as if Windows 7 doesn't exist as far as Linksys is concerned. Amazing. If they don't make drivers available then I will be forced to move to a different network adapter other than Linksys.
yleclerc

Either Linksys is believing that Windows 7 is Vista SP3 or they are waiting to see if W-7 is also a "flop."
wancell

Netgear has a spot right on their homepage for Windows 7 customers to click for help.

I guess Linksys getting swallowed by Cisco has made them forgotten.
forsaken

Don't know when linksys will officially release the drivers for windows 7, i think we need to wait for some more time.
Niekos

How on earth is it possible that a company such as LinkSys doesn't release drivers for it's products for Windows 7?
I'm now completely unconnected to the internet on my main PC, just because the **bleep** thing won't work on Windows 7 64bit.

When I bought a linksys card I thought this would be better than the cheap ones because they have better support. Guess not....... Now I have to go out and BUY a card that will actually work, and throw this **bleep** thing out of the window.

This was the last time I ever bought something from Linksys... amateurs!

jadesse

This may have already been post I I did get my WMP54G wireless network card to work with Windows 7.  I ended up using a Broadcom driver which is the U.S. Robotics Wireless 802.11g PCI Adapter.  It work for me so it should work for others.  What a crock of S**T that there isn't sufficient Linksy driver support in Windows 7.  The WMP54G was one of the most popular wireless cards available.  Then again there wasn't support for it in the first releases of Vista either.
wancell

Where did you get or find this driver?
jadesse

It is one built into Windows 7.  Try updating your driver & select from a list of drivers
brotherton42us

Go to the product support for downloads, enter your model, our was WUSB54GC and we chose version 4.9.  It updated our drivers.  I agree, Linsys needs to post that Windows 7 may cause difficulty and you need to update your drivers.  It doesn't specifcally say Windows 7 but it works with both Vista and 7.  We downloaded on a thumb drive, loaded and that was all it took for our WUSB54GC.

Hope it works.  It kept saying it failed but I saw my wireless connection, clicked on it and now it is working just fine.