KilljoyAus

Re: WMP54G and Windows 7

Soz for double post lol :robotmad: but if u need the file and how to do it! :smileytongue: just PM me!

vandermeijde

Try this:

1) Go to: Control Panel, System & Device Manager

2) Select the netwerk adapter, select properties and update driver

3) Select "Browse my comp" and select "Let me pick from the list ..."

4) Select "SMC Networks Inc." and "Wireless PCI Adapter with Mimo tech."

This worked for me ... good luck!

KilljoyAus

Lol. what adapter version do you have ? the latest? u need a ralink driver for that

JustOnce

I was able to use a Windows 7 standard driver to work with my Linksys card.  I used the Broadcom 802.11g Network Addaptor driver.  There were two of these drivers with the same name in my bank of drivers, I tried both and the second one worked.  Good Luck.

sandocarlos1

If you're looking to solve the Windows 7 Linksys WMP54G driver issue, you should download the Windows Vista 32/64 bit for RT256x Ralink WLAN chipsets and RT266x series, if anyone is still interested I know I can give and what up somewhere for everyone to download. This is my mail for which you are interested: sandocarlos1@gmail.com

I do not speak English but understand a little, but my native language is Castilian (Spanish) if I write email to google translate because there are many sites that send spam to delete them almost without realizing it.
Following what interests us, the WMP54G 4.1 does not recognize these drivers that are compatible, so you must force the card to install the drivers Ralink RT61 WLAN Card V2. Please see the attached image to see the driver installation procedure, to change my motherboard had to change the last step by the type of motherboard is a gigabyte: for selected manufactures gigabyte network adapter and select gigabyte mini wikg wlan pci cord and go. In this last step select the one that appears in the image and if not working Try to find the name of your motherboard

http://icrontic.com/forum/attachment.php?s=ee9dbef464aca17b01d09cfcef21d42c&attachmentid=26913&d=123...

denjerrose

If you have Windows 7 with 32 bit system. Here is what you can do to resolve driver problem for WMP54G V4.1, go to Device Manager, click on Network Adapters, right click non-working Networking device and select Update Driver, click Browse my computer for ..., click Let me pick from a list of device ..., unchek the Show compatible hardware check mark, select Ralink Tech Corp, and finally Turbo Wireless PCI Adapter... The rest is okay for all. Hope this will help you...

r.radvilavics

Thank you!

You saved my day, by providing relevant information. Linksys Wmp54g Version 4.1 now perfectly works with Windows 7 x64 (64-bit) version.

Keeping it short:

1.Install "PCI/mPCI/CB (RT256x/RT266x)" from http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=1

2.Right click on "Computer" / select "Properties" / choose "Device Manager" / select "Unknown Networkd Controller" / right click on the icon and select "Update Driver Software" / go for "Browse My Computer For Driver Software" / click "Let Me Pick From A List..." / select "Ralink Technology Corp." / select "Ralink Wireless LAN Card V2"

Enjoy!

mimiskour

rayoub

There's the new link. It's working for me :smileyhappy:

Thank you

http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/license.php?sn=5009