Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
derdude

WMP54G driver, No version number

Hello,

I have a WMP54G wireless card. It does not have a version number. I have tried all driver downloads for this card. Version 1 through 4 and I cannot get the card to work. Does anybody know if there is a driver for this card that does not have a version number?

Thanks…

Carrot

Re: WMP54G driver, No version number

Shut down the computer .... Unplug the Adapter from the Slot ... on the back panel of the adapter it shows Model number ... next to model number ... it shows version number... if not ... then it is version 1.0...download the drivers of Adapter from linksys website ...
A_Generic_User

I have the same exact problem. I tried ALL of the drivers but NONE worked. I even tried drivers for OTHER wireless linksys cards. (Tried = got into device manager and did a "search" on each directory where the drivers are.) I even installed version 1, 2, 4, and 4.1 and the RaLink driver (everest told me to >__ ). Is it because it's xp64?
Walston Tempest

What version of windows are you running? If it is x64 you will need a 64bit driver for whatever version you have! If you are running x86 windows the card may be broken!
LinuxGod

Look at the FCC-ID No. on the card...

Version 1 is listed as PKW-WMP54G
Version 2 is listed as PKW-WMP54GV2
Version 4 is listed as Q87-WMPGV4

I hope this helps ALL who have had this issue for some time...
dad4077

The WMP54G cards I am working on also do not have a version number after the model number.  However the FCC ID ends in V4 and that is the driver that installs.