Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
aguyngueran

WMP54G driver problem - error code 10

I've recently added m WMP54G PCI card to my computer.
I forgot to instal software from CD before inserting this card and got into device problem:
This device cannot start. (Code 10).

This card was working ok on the same computer, on previously installed XP SP2. But then I've run included software before inserting adapter. Not I've XP SP2 also and cannot get it working.

Thanks
LinkCyst

Re: WMP54G driver problem - error code 10

Shutdown PC.  Take adapter out.  Boot.  Install software.  Shutdown PC.  Put adapter back in.  Boot.

Case closed.
aguyngueran

Nop.

I've tried this scenario already.

Anyway, I've solved my problem other way.
Uninstall device, uninstall software, remove all oem*.inf and oem*.pnf for Linksys products (searched by keyword "Linksys"). Also one of Microsoft drivers was provided for this so I've decided to change its name. After reboot and normal installation procedure everything works ok.
LinkCyst

Good.  If the easy way fails, onto the hard way.

Read this thread next:

RDMatt

How do you find and delete those files?
sharkbyte

Hi, the easy and hard way is:

Using www.linksys.com/easy and use Netcheck.  Easy because this great tool will automatically set-up and install the device for you. Hard because you have the haul the computer to where the actual router is and connect it via ethernet cord so that you could get online to access the webpage.
RDMatt

I have used Netcheck  with a 56K modem and maybe that's why Netcheck hasn't fixed it. Netcheck has told me your hardware is working fine. I've run it three times with the same results 
Ruanne

hi, try to update the driver of your card or use another slot on the pc.

Meaning:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)---?Device failed to start.
Solution: Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard
RDMatt

I've done both of these and neither have worked.
NoItAll

You don't know what you are talking about. I have done all you suggested 3 times and still get the same result. You'd think "Plug and Play" is some new term for linksys. Apparently, this term escapes you as well.