[ Edited ]

I am working on the following:

Dell Inspiron D531
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Home Basic SP1
Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 Wireless Card

All the latest drivers are installed

The problem I am having is that the computer after a unknown amount of time goes into some sort of hibernate or sleep mode. When it is reactivated the wireless card will not reconnect to the wireless network without a reset to the network interface.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message Edited by c1_8k on 01-05-2009 02:33 PM
helm

Re: WMP54GS Problem in Vista

May the adapter is conflicting with other resources on your computer...Try to re-install the adapter on a different PCI Slot and check if it works...
c1_8k

I think if it were a resource issue it would happen all the time. It only happens after sleep / hibernate mode (really don't know which one it is going into). Any other time, after startup or reboot, it works fine. I am using it right now.

Regards,

c1_8k

c1_8k

Found the solution through a call to Linksys Tech Support.

There is a problem with the driver installed by Microsoft Vista Windows Update - Optional Updates dated 28 Aug 2008. It installs driver version v4.102.15.61. This driver version will not allow the WMP54GS v1.1 card to re-establish a wireless connection when the desktop PC comes out of sleep/hibernate mode without a reset of the card or a reboot. The only way to fix this is to:

Download the driver from the Linksys Website (currently v4.102.15.53)

Use device manager to remove the Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 card AND its driver from the system.

Rediscover the PCI card using "Scan for Hardware Changes" and manually point to the downloaded driver.

In Windows Update - Optional Updates - hide the WMP54GS driver update dated 28 Aug 2008.

I have called Microsoft about this driver problem and they have said they will look into it.  This does not mean they will remove this update anytime soon, if at all. So the best option is to hide the update from any future consideration.

kaiser0906

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS JUST UPDATE WINDOWS.

MICROSOFT UPDATES GOT A PATCH ON OPTIONAL UPDATE LIST.

FINALLY, I GOT IT FIXED AFTER REBOOT MY SYSTEM3 TIMES TO UPDATE ALL PATCHES.