Itchytoe

WMP54GS Ver 1.1

Hi, I'm trying to install this thing on my PC and I can't seem to get it done. I've used the install software that came with it, but it only does the first part. After telling me to turn off the PC and physically put the card in, it doesn't finish after the reboot. I've tried using the windows connection but it can't install the card because the driver never has information about the product. I've tried all the fixes I can find in the first ten pages here but none work :smileysad: I'm running WIndows XP home edition. Thanks, Matt
gandalf

Re: WMP54GS Ver 1.1

As you are using windows XP ......
Click start >> all programs >> uninstall Linksys wireless G adapter .... >> reboot the computer ...it will show you found new hardware >> insert the Disc >> Exit out of set up wizard >> install the drivers of the adapter ....
Use windows wireless configuration to connect to network ....

Itchytoe

I've tried that. When using the disk, it doesn't install the drivers. When I put the card in the PC and boot up, it sees it as new hardware but won't install in Windows automatic instillation and I can't update the driver in the device manager. It won't let me use any driver for it so I can't use the Windows wireless connection to do it since Windows doesn't know what the card is.
gandalf

Try downloading the latest drivers from linksys download website ..... after download .... reinstall the drivers ....

See if the adapter is installed or not ....