Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gclipner

WPC54GX Driver Problem

I've been using this device in my Dell M50 Notebook running XP Pro SP2 for over 2 years. All of a sudden, the driver stopped working. I originally thought it was a bad device, the led's weren't blinking on boot up and I get the New Hardware Wizard displays saying there is a new ethernet controller! I went out and bought another device, the same one. Got the same non blinking led's on bootup and the same wizard. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled and still getting the same wizard. I can't seem to get the system to install the driver correctly. Can anyone help? I've called both Linksys and Micrsoft and no one seems to be able to help.
satish

Re: WPC54GX Driver Problem

As it has been always coming the same message. First of all install the adapter  thr the CD then check the adapter is install in the device manager.
To check in the devicemanager
My computer icon (right click).........Properties(left click) .........Hardware(left click)........Device Manager(left click) ........Network Adpaters(left click).....you should show linksys wirless adapter with green icon then the adapter is install and then it work.
If it is Yellow exclamation then update the drivers (right click)
Step to update drivers
1) Select  No...not at this time
2)Install automatically
3)Finish

gclipner

I've tried that already!

XP Pro does not recognize the drivers on the CD. WHY?
wlove60

kawal

try uninstalling anything that's connected to the adapter on your computer. also check your program list for any wireless conneciton fotware related to the adapter. restart your computer with the adapter plugged in. when windows detects the adapter, just insert the CD and install the drivers.