Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dallas100
Accepted Solution

WPC55AG not seeing available networks

hello...  I have a 2nd hand Dell laptop, Win XP Pro SP2. Came with a WPC55AG ver 1.2 adapter, driver ver 3.3.0.25, no install CD...  have a profile for my own access point - ActionTec GT704WG DSL modem - that connects fine.  however, the site survey shows no available networks when connected to the GT704WG, and shows no available networks when near unsecured linksys wireless routers, as in internet cafe.  so far, have found no answer on linksys site, any ideas?  thanks...
Carrot

Re: WPC55AG not seeing available networks

As the Linksys drivers are already installed on your Computer. In the System tray you will find the Linksys WLAN Monitor, So right click on it and select "Use Windows XP Configuration" and click Yes. Again the system tray you will find "Wireless Network Connection" icon, Right click on it and select "View Available Wireless Network" check if you are able to locate your wireless network, select it and click on Connect, when prompted for the Network key, type your security key and click on Connected. Once connected to your network check if you are able to browse internet on your Computer.
dallas100

Re: WPC55AG not seeing available networks

Thanks Carrot...

I see how this works and can switch between Win Wireless Network Connection and Linksys WLAN Monitor.  Also now see available wireless networks in the WLAN window.