Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Seuss
Accepted Solution

WUSB11 problems

My husband got new computer. Installed the driver for his WUSB11 adapter and nada. Windows says the driver isn't installed. Linksys says its running--help!! Please.
Mort

Re: WUSB11 problems

Check under Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager >> Network Adapter >> Check if the adapter is properly Installed or not .... if not check the Error Code & let me know ...
condor219

code 1
wusb11Hell

I am so, so, so frustrated!  I have a wusb11 v2.8.  It's been running just fine on my mom's old W2k machine.  I got her a newer Lenovo PC with XP and thought I could just pop it in and it would find it and off we'd go.  No such luck!  NOTHING I do will allow it to recognize it .. I have downloaded the latest v2.8 drivers for xp, but no matter where I put them .. flash .. cd .. C drive, etc., it will not find the driver and recognize the device.  I DO NOT HAVE THE INSTALLATION CD.  If I did, I don't think there would be any problem.  Unzipping the dowload file and trying to run the setup, get the quick flash but no problem install, even though it shows it's installed.  I am not a complete PC moron, but this really has me stumped and is so frustrating.  Some posting I saw said to connect the PC to the hardwire/modem and try to update the driver while connected that way.  That is a major operation to move everything around to get close enough to the Modem to do that, so I don't want to attempt that route unless it will work.  And if that is the way to go, then now to do it?  Connect to the router then plug in the wusb11.  When it asks to look for the right driver, just let is go to the web?  I don't know.  I have spent 2 nights working on this and it's driving me nuts.  It should NOT be so hard!  It's a **bleep** driver!  I need some help with this, please.  I have even thought of buying another one of these just to get the CD, but many of them don't have it.  I have another usb adapter from Linksys, the WUSB54GC.  I can install it on the XP machine fine, but it does not pick up the wireless signal nearly as well as the WUSB11, so it's pretty worthless.  I just want the simple wusb11 to work with the XP machine!  It does not seem like it's too much to ask!  I got an online chat person from Linksys, but they promptly informed me it's out of warranty so they can't help and referred me to a paid help line.  Thanks so much!  Great support.  So maybe there is someone here monitoring this stuff who can help.  I am really at my wits end and extremely frustrated.  Help me, please.
shanehankins

I dont have my cd either. Did you get any advice?
Ceda

We also got a new computer HP and it shows the adapter as an unknown device.  Do we need new drivers for this because this computer has Windows 7?  We have the WUSB 11 ver 2.6 adapter.   Maybe we can't use it for this new machine?  Please let me know before I go spend more money.  Thank you.

wusb12HELLTwiceOver

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved?  I couldn't believe what I was reading.  It was my story too.  My fustration has been going on for weeks.  I was told I had a bad router.  I went and bought a new one.  Same thing except now Linksys wouldn't help me because my adapter was out of warranty.  I went to this site downloaded everything and worked on it for (2) days.  NOTHING!!!  I am so upset that I am packaging everything up and it is going back to the store.  Nothing about this experience has been good.  It takes a lot for me to get to this point.  This shouldn't be this difficult.  All they had to do is to give me about 2 minutes of setting advice on my adapter and they wouldn't.  I have never been through anything so ridiculous in all my life.  Shame on you Linksys.  I am going to buy An Apple Airport.  And eventually An Apple Computer.  My parents have one and they have not had one problem and everytime we called Apple they were outstanding.  I don't know if I'll ever be the same.  Hope things were better for you.

phoenix62

code 10

phoenix62

i should say, windows 7, wusb11 ver 4, code 10
kujobie

I was having the same issues as many of you but finally got it installed.  I downloaded the software to a cd and unzipped it to the computer I was trying to install on.  It did not auto run off the cd or from the c drive.  So I plugged in the device and restared the PC and windows wizard ran.  On the 2nd or 3rd page of the windows wizard, there is a check box that says something like, "also look in this location" with a text field next to it.  Check that box, then hit browse button, and expand the C drive tree, then expand the linksys folder, until you get to the folder that says drivers.  Highlight that and click ok.  I think the location was something like C:/Linksys/Drivers.  Click next on the wizard and it installed no problem.  BTW, I am running on an XP machine.  Hope this helps.