alison82
I bought this adapter (WUSB11) not knowing there were two different kind of wireless networks. We have a wireless-G router and NOT a wireless-B. I do not want to open the boxes to try the adapters. Will the wireless-B adapters be compatible with the wireless-G router? Thanks you!
forsaken

Re: WUSB11

yes the b-adapter should definitely work with the wireless-g router
strikertreasure

Hi I made the Same mistake you did and was wondering if you tried it? does it work with the wireless-g?
Jill
WJE3

I have a WUSB11 v2.6 that has worked great for years, connecting to an ancient Apple Airport. I replaced the Airport with a Linksys WRT54G wireless router when my old router failed. The new router worked fine with several laptops but the WUSB11 would not find it. Long story short, the newer routers allow you to change the channel and most come default to channel 6. The WUSB11 v2.6 works only on channel 1 as far as I can tell. After changing the router to broadcast on channel 1, the WUSB11 works fine.
vlro1953

We had a major storm recently and after much troubleshooting it was  determined that the router and the network adapter in the pc were fried.  I changed the router to a Netgear but while the laptops are fine, the desktop is missing the network adapter.  I have a Linksys WirelessB USB Network adapter.  I downloaded the drivers and the pc see the adapter but will not connect to the network.  Does anyone know how I can get the adapter and the Netgear adapter to play well with each other?

ScarletJamie

vlro1953 wrote:

We had a major storm recently and after much troubleshooting it was  determined that the router and the network adapter in the pc were fried.  I changed the router to a Netgear but while the laptops are fine, the desktop is missing the network adapter.  I have a Linksys WirelessB USB Network adapter.  I downloaded the drivers and the pc see the adapter but will not connect to the network.  Does anyone know how I can get the adapter and the Netgear adapter to play well with each other?

What’s the device status? You can access this article http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=4096 to guide you.