networkworm
Accepted Solution

WUSB300N Adapter not recognised by USB port

Cannot get WUSB300N adater to install on XP Pro SP3. The problem is with the USB port being recongised in Devise Manager. It comes up as an "unknown USB devise"  as a USB controller and not as a network devise. Had Linksys support remote controle my PC but could not get it to install connectly. Tried all USB ports. Tried installing from Devise Manager.The devise is recongised by my other Vista PC just fine. ? Is there a problem with my USB ports? Motherboard MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU I think the USB port are 1.1 not 2.0 but this is within the Linksys spec for the WUSB300N. Will installing a new PCI card with USB2.0 cure this? Comments please. ( I know the MSI motherboard is old but is just a 2nd bedroom based PC)
oook

Re: WUSB300N Adapter not recognised by USB port

Try upgrading the drivers for your motherboard.
networkworm

Thanks for the input. The motherboard has just had a clean install of XP Pro and updated completely to SP3 and beyond. All MSI updates were applied that are available for the motherboard from the global web site. The most relevent being the VIA 4in1 dated 2007-04-20  not sure if this includes the USB ports as this was separate in the orginal Driver CD.
networkworm

Problems solved. New USB 2.0 card and drivers installed. This will not work with USB1.1 or it would't for me. The Data Sheet says it OK with

Standards IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Draft IEEE 802.11n, USB

1.1, USB 2.0

Ports USB Port

Well it works with USB2.0 but not USB1.1