mbogo

WUSB300N does not work under guest account in WinXP SP3

[ Edited ]

The adapter works just fine when 'owner' logs on.  However, if 'guest' logs on, the Linksys Network Monitor is grayed out, and there is no connectivity.

If 'owner'  logs in first, then we switch users to the guest account, the adapter works.

I do not see anything in the adapter setup that would restrict it from starting up under non-administratiive accounts.

Please help.

Thanks,

mbogo

Message Edited by mbogo on 02-07-2010 07:45 AM
castor

Re: WUSB300N does not work under guest account in WinXP SP3

[ Edited ]
It seems to be the problem with the permission provided to guest account.Check the permission for that on the computer and provide the sufficient permission to the guest account.
Message Edited by castor on 02-08-2010 12:28 PM
mbogo

Re: WUSB300N does not work under guest account in WinXP SP3

I had granted all users 'full control' over the program, but that didn't help.  I figured it out later on, but hadn't had an opportunity to update the thread.

The guest account had no password, so it had an even more limited set of permissions compared to non-administrator accounts with a password.

I tested my theory by creating an admin account with no password, and a non-administrator account with a password then booting the PC.  The admin account without a password could not invoke the WUSB300N; the non-administrator account with a password could.

Problem solved in my case, although I would think 'guest' should have been able to run the WUSB300N.

mbogo