Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dom Fontana
Accepted Solution

WUSB300N wireless network adapter is creating test.txt on my C Drive

[ Edited ]

Hi.

The WUSB300N wireless network adapter/Monitor software is creating the file test.txt on my C Drive.

Is this file necessary, and if not, how can I stop this file from being generated?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Dom Fontana on 05-07-2009 03:19 AM
Dom Fontana

Re: WUSB300N wireless network adapter is creating test.txt on my C Drive

How come I didn't get an answer to my question? Messages posted after mine were responded to, so why wasn't mine? This Forum is listed under the Support section. I don't feel I am being given proper support.

Thank you.

scrooge

Don't use the Linksys Monitor, install ony the drivers...

Download Drivers 13.8 MB...

Once you have downloaded the drivers you need to unzip the file...After you unzip the file you should un-install the adapter drivers/software from Programs menu...Leave the adapter connected to the PC and reboot your computer...Once the computer is rebooted you should see a message "Found new Hardware"...Select the option Install it from a specific location and click Next, then select Include this location in Search and browse to the place where you have unzipped all the files and select the Driver folder and click O.k...Then click Next and it should install the adapter drivers...

NOTE : This installation doesn't install the software(Linksys Monitor)...

Once the Adapter is installed, Click on the Start button >>> Control Panel >>> Network Connections- Right click on the "Wireless Network Connection" icon and select "View Available Wireless Networks"- If you see your wireless network in the list, highlight it by 'single' clicking on it- Now click on the 'Connect' button below- If your wireless network is secured, it would ask you to provide the network key- Provide the wireless network key and confirm it again in the confirmation box and click "Connect"...It should connect to your Network and Internet...

Dom Fontana

Thank you. It worked beautifully. I'll just use the Windows Network Monitor, instead of the LinkSys one.

Thanks again for your help.

koolbbb

after a couple hours the signal stops on win7 64

i'm piggybacking off unsecured network.

i have spent so many hours!!! it/s driving me crazy.

have tried your solution on a clean install of o.s. ,worked for 3 hours

PPPPLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ   HELP:smileymad:

Wireless.WUSB300N.autodesk@cisco.com.0939049053.autodesk