Ardi111

WUSB300n and Windows 7

Windows 7 connects flawlessly to the router (WRT300N) with Cat 5 cable, but the Adapter (WUSB300N) only sees the router, not the internet. I think I've tried everything to make it work.

There must be a Windows 7 driver for this adapter. I've only owned it for a month and it works great with Windows XP. So where is the new driver, Cisco?

forsaken

Re: WUSB300n and Windows 7

Windows 7 is still beta...

I doubt it, as it seems that the adapter(WUSB300N) does not support Windows 7(as there are no drivers for Windows 7) and that could be the reason why you it does not connect...

ukheather

Windows 7 is out on RTM today and still no windows 7 drivers :smileysad:
yleclerc

No sure if the WUSB300N will ever be supported.  No 64 bit drivers for this either (????)
Immolatus

Win7 officially released, and no drivers.
Immolatus

This is funny, Microsoft has it listed as "Compatible" with Win 7. I suggested that they need to correct that.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Linksys%... 

Dom Fontana

[ Edited ]

I'm glad I found this thread. I came here to download a Windows 7 driver for the WUSB300N netwrok adapter and was surprised it wasn't available. MS sent Windows 7 to developers months ago, so they could update their drivers in time for Windows' 7 release.

I was all excited and ready to install Windows 7 tonight and the last step was to get the driver for the network adapter. I thought it would be a 2 minute affair. I should be halfway through my brand new Windows 7 installation by now.

I'm shocked there is no Windows 7 driver available yet. I can't upgrade until the driver is available or I won't have Internet access. It's not that big a deal to write a driver.

So what's the story? Does anyone know when the Windows 7 driver will be available? I am so disappointed and frustrated. I have everything meticulously set up to install Windows 7 and now I can't because there is no Windows 7 driver available.: smileysad:

Does anyone know if the Vista driver works with Windows 7?

Message Edited by Dom Fontana on 10-29-2009 01:28 AM
clamon

Windows 7 has been out now for a week.. and still no driver. I spent over $70 on this adapter a few weeks ago, and its still useless. I dont know how everyone else feels, but I use to always buy Linksys products. Their customer service and support has always been great til the past year or so. If they don't release drivers soon, I'll be forced to by a new wireless adapter (and it wont be a linksys product). 

If a company like Linksys still sells a product like the WUSB300N  when Windows 7 has been released.... Then it should be a no-brainer to release drivers for the OS.  Nice Job Linksys.

Immolatus

I am not quite sure what to do at this point, its tough to find reliable info on what adapters work with 7. The official Windows Compatability site is incorrect (see my above post), so I would suggest cruising other forums to find one that works before you go out and buy one.

Toms Hardware forum would be a good place to start, and you can look at reviews from people who have bough that product on Newegg.

I have found 2 people that say it works for them with 7, but Im having a hard time getting a response from them. If I find out something, Ill post it here.

I will be buying a new one in the next few days, and sorry, it wont be a Linksys, and the worst part is, Im sure Win or Linksys will put out a driver the next day.

yleclerc

It has been preivously reported that under Vista, Windows Update can install a Marvel "compatible" driver.  It seems that the WUSB300N adapter uses a Marvel "logic" chip.