Alexbkers
Accepted Solution

WUSB54GC version 3.0 - Windows 7 Drivers?

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.

However, I am having some trouble installing my WUSB54GC v3.0 drivers.

I downloaded the files  under windows 7 64 bit on the linksys website (however these are just files, no installer/setup.)

Underneath that option you can download the installer. This however keeps failing to detect my adapter during the instalation...

What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone have working Windows 7 drivers for the WUSB54GC v3.0

Cheers

Alex 

Alexbkers

Re: WUSB54GC version 3.0 - Windows 7 Drivers?

This topic can be locked.

I have found the solution thanks to a previous post by Mr Smith. While it doesnt specifically say its for my adapter I was able to use his instructions to instal the files downloaded from the linksys site, followed by the installer.

http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&thread.id=11415

I think it would be handy if Cisco put a README on their site / put it with the downloaded files so were not left figuring out what to do.

Im sure there are plenty of people out there who just give up and throw the adapter out or get a refund for it because of this.

Wizzard

It's Great to know that you were able to resolve the issue...Enjoy :smileyhappy:.
mdsi94

To all:

This solution doesn't seem to work as the drivers (at least the 32 bit version) for WIndows 7 don't include an inf file!

yortz_mj23

a pleasant hello in your good company.... please help me for my problem about my Compact Wireless-GUSB Adapter... my OS version is window vista 64 bit.... i change my OS to window 7 32bit... i dont know what to do to make my wireless booster can used again... thanks. for helping...... may GOD BLESS your good company....