Sals80

WUSB54GC version 3 windows xp drivers

I recently reformatted a computer.  The operating system it is running is windows XP (i believe it is home edition).  Before the reformat the device worked properly.  I can no longer find the install disk that the driver is included on.  The only drivers listed under the download section of this product are for windows 7.   I just need to know where to find the XP driver. 

Also a question about the device in general.  How much slower will the device run if it is not connected to a high speed USB drive?

This might seem like a trival question but i have been looking around this site for over an hour in the forums and on the download page to get this driver but i cant seem to find it.  Thank you to whoever can help me.

Gollum

Re: WUSB54GC version 3 windows xp drivers

Download 28.5 MB the Setup Wizzard for Windows XP.

USB 1.0 can operate at 1.5 Megabits per second (Mbps).

USB 1.1 allowed a maximum transfer rate of 12Mbits/second. USB 2.0 has a raw data rate at 480Mbps, and it is rated 40 times faster than its predecessor interface, USB 1.1, which tops at 12Mbps.

You can use USB device with USB 1.0, USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 as long as your PC or laptop has USB ports, but USB 2.0 device transfer data at 480 Mbps on systems with USB 2.0 support only.

Sals80

[ Edited ]

Actually i need the 32 bit version not the 64 bit.  I accidentally pressed the solution button.

Sorry i did not specify.

Message Edited by Sals80 on 01-06-2010 05:50 PM
JayB77

I tried downloading the XP setup at the link in this thread.  It will not work for my Win XP 64-bit Pro.  Does anyone have that driver available?  All links I find in this forum are dead ends.

thanks!

Kaihekoa

There are no XP 64 bit drivers for the WUSB54GC.
Kaihekoa

[ Edited ]

I thought I would update this thread since I found a site with 64 bit Windows XP drivers for the WUSB54GCv3. These drivers are not officially supported by Linksys, but they did fix my problems with this device not detecting networks. 

Noting the age of the available Linksys drivers I did some research and discovered that the WUSB54GCv3 uses a third party chipset (a common practice), the Ralink RT2800UD.  Ralink's latest drivers for this chipset are more than a year newer than the official Linksys drivers.  They just require some reconfiguring to make them work with the Linksys WUSB54GCv3.  With updated drivers comes better compatibility and often performance.

Once I installed these updated drivers the device could detect local wireless networks normally, and I was able to use Windows' Wireless Zero utility to connect to my network.  I expect that others having similar compatibility issues will have the same result.  For more information and links to these updated drivers already reconfigured visit:  http://sites.google.com/site/linksysupdateddrivers/.  There are unofficial, updated drivers for many other Linksys products there.  Credit for the website and drivers goes to this person:  http://sites.google.com/site/linksysupdateddrivers/about.

Message Edited by Kaihekoa on 01-18-2010 05:52 PM
phamthanhbinhhn

I haven't driver 

Yoveke

Hallo, wen i try to install the official cd of tha adapter they gives me always the fault of "instal wizard fault"

So i can't use my wirelless adapter. can you help me wat i can do for the moment. thnx

anandrajny

Much thanks for the link and info.

Worked 100%

tikitriki

ryuueuer