Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
apollo117

Re: WUSB54GC

changing the channel did not help
Pentateu

I can't install the driver. The installer goes up to 30% and stay there forever!

I tried to download the software from the website an I'm having the same problem.

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Do anybody else had the same problem?
Why Me

I bought the WUSB54GC today cause my internal wireless adapter on my laptop went bad and no one has them in stock.  Had it installed at Circuit City and they could access their network and get to the internet.

I brought it home and tried to access my wireless network.  The adapter recognized that there were networks available, but when I tried to use my home network, I got a message that said..... 803.11 connection failed dut to status code 25:  Association denied due to requesting station not supporting the SHORT SLOT TIME option.  It also indicated that the trouble was that the capabilities of the adapter doesnt match the requirements of this network.

Any suggestions?  There were no options, etc. to set up when the adapter driver was installed.  I am running VISTA SP1 and my network is G with Wep encryption.  I had no trouble at all when the internal adapter on the laptop worked. 

I went into device manager and checked the properties and for this adapter, there isnt anything that remotely looks like it has something to do with Short Slot Time and I wouldnt know how to check the settings on my Microsoft wireless router.

Any help would be appreciated, but I guess I need to determine what is different between my network and the one at Circuit City.
Why Me

Well, discovered a fix for this problem.  I changed the option for my Microsoft wireless router from pure G to mixed (G & B).  Im not a expert so dont know why this would be a problem since the adapter is G and my router is G .....
Anyway, Im up and running now....

I checked to ensure I have to latest driver and I do so dont know if its a software problem in the adapter driver or in the wireless router software or perhaps in VISTA.  I tend to think the later, grins*
Bigstar

Hello,
I am running two computers on Windows XP. The host has a WRT54G wireless router and I'm getting the internet on it and both computers are connected. I cannot however get the other computer connected to the internet with the WUSB54GC.
I keep getting a limited or no connectivity message. Any Help? Thanks!
DogsOfWar

Looks like somebody copied my question!!! Ha! Ha! I STILL haven't figured it out yet! Let me know if YOU do! Thanks, Jim
Sizafitz

My son is looking at installing a linux disto on my computer, and I want to know about compatibility. Will WUSB54GC on a non-windows computer?
Allmond

I am running two computers on Windows XP. The host computer is connected to a  2WIRE router and the other computer is networked to this computer via a Linksys Wireless Adapter.  I can only get the Internet on the host computer.  The other computer shows that the Adapter is active and that it is connected to the access point but does not get an Internet connection. The second computer was working fine up till now.  I don't know what happened to cause this problem.  But now, I cannot get the computer connected to the Internet with the WUSB54GC.  I have installed a new driver.  I have made sure the key was correctly entered.  The only other thing I've noticed that seems to be wrong is that it shows the address to be MAC-------.  I don't see the default IP address.  And I don't have a MAC, only 2 PCs. 

Please help.  Thanks.
Simple 8

Hello everybody. It looks like everybody is in the SAME situation. I think I know what is wrong, but I dont know why it should be so. Apparently the USB adapter on the first computer has to connect to the software on your second computer and not directly to your wireless router. If you install a firewall on your second computer, you cut off the internet to the USB. This also explains why laptops, with built in wireless, have no trouble connecting to the internet. They dont have to connect to the Linksys software on the second computer. They connect directly to the router, and out to the internet. Another scary thing I have noticed. XP Home doesn't like the way all of us have setup our network. According to the network setup wizard we have to setup "Internet Connection Sharing, ICS", or buy ourselves a "Gateway", to protect ourselves. I have Norton Firewall on my second computer. I guess I have to uninstall it and get myself a gateway, whatever that is. I have a Linksys WRT54G router. I've been reading a lot and I think I can set it up as a gateway, but I am not sure. I'll come back here and tell you guys about it if I ever figure this thing out. Have fun!
richard804

There are two settings on the wireless adaptor  adhoc and infrastructure.
Adhoc = Computer to Computer
Infrastructure = Computer to Router

Network Setup
DSL/cable Modem to Router to Wire/Wireless Computers.

Your router has to be set to Gateway for it to connect to Internet through your modem.

If your Operating System is XP do not use Linksys Wireless Monitor.
Uninstall adaptor completely by finding adaptor in All Programs and hitting Uninstall.
Now Plug in Adaptor.  You will receive message:  New hardware found  Click on it and follow instructions.  Once it asks for drivers insert CD.
Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada