Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
LowCal

WUSB54GP won't connect to the internet

This is crazy...I install, uninstall and reinstall the latest software and drivers according to the website and I get a great signal, but the stupid thing WON'T CONNECT to the internet. It happily sees the router, and I know **bleep** well the encryption/key is right, but I can't get an IP address, as best I can tell...just "limited connectivity".

I see this problem repeatedly on this forum and Linksys techies are apparently nowhere to be found, leaving us poor sucker Linksys users in the lurch.

Please help, Linksys.....
Momto2boys

Re: WUSB54GP won't connect to the internet

I am having a similar problem.  My laptop is working fine, but my desktop says that it has limited connectivity.  It will not do anything.  I have rewired it all and even tried to reconnect the internet directly to the desktop - completely taking my new router out of the equation - and it still won't connect.  I have powered on and off so many times I've lost count.  All the websites say to use the computer you're having trouble with to connect to the internet, but I can't connect!! 

That computer says that it can't detect the router when I troubleshoot . . .

HELP US!!
Mort

Hi… Do you have a wireless router or are you connecting via an AD-HOC PC to PC network?  If you have an ad-hoc network you need to provide a static IP address. If you have a router, is DHCP server enabled on it? Also make sure that wireless Mac filter is disabled.

nilesf

In Ad-hoc mode what needs the static IP. The wusb54gp or the device connecting to it. If the wusb54gp then should I staticly asign it in Windows or in the LinkSys Monitor applett.

Thanks,
Niles