Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lantirn

WUSB54GS: broadcom.dll Access violation

Using WUSB54GS with WRT54GS. last few months I get disconnected with the internet about every 2 hours--I have to reboot to continue. Also see window titled: Linksys Wireless Network Monitor, with "Access violation at address xxxxxxx in module 'broadcom.dll....." Anyone know how to fix this?
castor

Re: WUSB54GS: broadcom.dll Access violation

Let me know which operating system you are using on the computer? If your system is running on Win. XP click on start >> programs >> wireless G USB adapter with speedbooster >> uninstall, once you done with uninstall process, insert the CD for wireless adapter and restart the computer…one window would pops up found new hardware, install only the drivers no need to install WLAN software and use windows wireless software to manage wireless connection.

Logon to routers setup page and change the channel to 11, go to advance wireless settings and reduce Beacon Interval to 50, Fragmentation and RTS Threshold should be 2304…check whether it works or not and let me know.

lantirn

Have XP Pro. Will try later this week when I have time.  I did see lots of similar solutions--uninstall the monitor and reinstall the drivers.  So expect this will work.
Thanks.
castor

Great...just follow those steps which I’ve mentioned in my previous post…it should work on XP.

Lavon

Just wondering if this resolved your problem? I had the same problem,with the "access violation Broadcomm.dll" but it didn't actually disconnect me, only brought up that error repeatedly.

This didn't work for me, but I did basically the same thing, just differently.

I right-clicked on the icon on the taskbar and clicked on Use Windows Wireless.

I just left the Linksys software on there, but went into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, opened Services, then found the WUSB54GSSVC, and right-clicked on it.

Then I opened Properties, and clicked on Stop. Then Clicked the arrow and changed it to Manual instead of Automatic.

Then I went into Msconfig and Startup and unclicked "InvokeSvc3" which says it is Linksys. Then clicked Apply and then Ok.

Then I rebooted.

Then after that, I right-clicked the network icon on the taskbar (looks like a TV) and clicked on View Wireless Networks, then set up my network as usual.

It came right up.

This is a long time after the original post, but I am sure others are trying to fix this too.
Sean-Knight

Lavon wrote:
Just wondering if this resolved your problem? I had the same problem,with the "access violation Broadcomm.dll" but it didn't actually disconnect me, only brought up that error repeatedly.

This didn't work for me, but I did basically the same thing, just differently.

I right-clicked on the icon on the taskbar and clicked on Use Windows Wireless.

I just left the Linksys software on there, but went into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, opened Services, then found the WUSB54GSSVC, and right-clicked on it.

Then I opened Properties, and clicked on Stop. Then Clicked the arrow and changed it to Manual instead of Automatic.

Then I went into Msconfig and Startup and unclicked "InvokeSvc3" which says it is Linksys. Then clicked Apply and then Ok.

Then I rebooted.

Then after that, I right-clicked the network icon on the taskbar (looks like a TV) and clicked on View Wireless Networks, then set up my network as usual.

It came right up.

This is a long time after the original post, but I am sure others are trying to fix this too.

Hi

Most of the cases its healthy to use Windows wireless zero cofiguration instead Linksys WLAN monitor .
just install the adapter without the monitor that means manually . the steps already mentioned in the post above .

it work almost on 100 percent of the occasions :smileyhappy: .

"What u Give , is wht u better start expecting to take back".. - http://Forsakenbliss.wordpress.com
Drockarius

I also have this problem but this solution is not working for me.  Windows XP repeatedly tells me that it can not find the software (and, yes, I am directing it to the correct location.)  It seems I have little choice but to install the software (which is always a painful process in itself with this particular program) unless someone has another suggestion.

And why in the world doesn't Linksys actually fix the problem instead of telling us "don't install our software"?
ethor

I had the access violation on start up - after which it worked. So I removed the Linksys wireless configuration (as described above).

Then I had problems with the built-in Windows wireless configuration not connecting at start-up - I had to open the wireless connetion list and press the connect button. The MS method recommended to fix that was to use the supplier's configuration utility.

So, I re-installed the Linksys code (having made sure I was using the most recent version). The access violation problem came back, but I have found a fix, at least for Windows XP...

The MS WZCSVC service is installed on XP to be dependent on  two system components: NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol (a driver) and Remote Procedure Call (a service). This will delay its start until those two components are running. Adding the same dependencies to the Linksys WUSB54GSv2SVC service stopped the access violations on my machine. Maybe Linksys could add this into their installer. 

The Linksys service is installed with the "Allow service to interact with desktop" option selected. That is not well supported under Vista so my fix is only likely to help on XP.