Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
segaloco

WUSB54GSCv2 USB Dongle with BEFW11S4 V2/V3 Router Speed Issues

Okay, I am at my wits end on this one. I have had a series of failures with the WUSB54 line for some reason, the first breaking due to normal wear and tear, and the second one being fried in a power surge, and my latest, a WUSB54GSCv2 is causing me several problems. First of all, for whatever reason, I cannot have Basic and TX rates on my router set to 1-2-5.5-11 as I used to with my other cards, for some reason, the WUSB54GSCv2 simply doesn't even pick up the router, whereas my other hardware does. The second problem I am experiencing is that I cannot connect the Zune's I have (1G) and use then while this dongle is plugged in. As soon as I unplug it the Zune software recognises the players and is operational, but if I plug it back in it refuses to work again. I'm sorry if this is a rather lengthy way to ask for help, but I wanted to make sure I covered all the bases on this.

P.S., albeit less important: It seems that Linux, at the last update I have installed, does not have drivers included for this device, if anybody knows if any are floating around out there, please let me know. (Or if this device has 64-bit drivers so I can use ndiswrapper.) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ricewind

Re: WUSB54GSCv2 USB Dongle with BEFW11S4 V2/V3 Router Speed Issues

Which operating system do you have installed on the computer?

For Linux and 64bit drivers go to www.ralinktech.com and download the drivers.

segaloco

As far as I know this isn't a Ralink chipset but rather Broadcom. This device has a vendor id of 1737 and product id of 0075 if that helps any. It installs correctly for Windows XP 32-bit, but is not detected nor can I get it to work on Linux x64 with ndiswrapper or the rndis_wlan driver.

segaloco

I tinkered with a few things, and I got full speed communication between the Wifi dongle and router (Had to set the router to channel 10). There is one hangup though, I get around .33 Mbps internet connectivity unless I reinstall the WUB54GSCv2 software every time I boot up. It's a bit odd...