Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pjamestx

WUSB54Gv2 and Windows 7?

My trusty WUSB54G(v2) adapter has worked flawlessly for me for quite some time, and now that I'm looking at upgrading to Windows 7, I was wondering if it was a supported device?  I saw that there was some limited support for the v4 version, but was unclear about the v2.  Thanks!
pjamestx

Re: WUSB54Gv2 and Windows 7?

Well, took the plunge last night and everything seems to be fine.
helm

Basically the drivers for this Adapter is not available for Windows 7.
MateoDiego

This device works fine with Windows 7 on 32 and 64 bit systems.  It toook me a bit but I am successfully using a WUSB54GS Version 1 with Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.  Others have posted the same results with other versions of Windows 7 and these devices. 

Do not run the driver install from the CD or download install package on your Windows 7 system.  This will not work.  Here is the solution. Go to the LinkSYS support page and download the latest appropriate driver set for your particular device.  Copy it to somewhere on the Windows 7 system and uncompress the files using WinZip or some other Zip extraction tool.  Go to "Devices and Printers" within the control panel.  Navigate through the properties of the devices “Hardware” tab to manually update the driver.  From the “Update Driver” page select “Browse my computer for driver software” and direct it to the directory containing the driver files.  Let Windows 7 do the rest.  I have seen that some posters said they directed Windows 7 to use the files on the install CD. 

I hope this helps.