Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
NightlordTW
Accepted Solution

WUSB600N does not work on Windows 7 Ultimate - even not with site drivers

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought the WUSB600N (Ver 2) today, and tought it would work on windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) since drivers are available on this website. The accompied D does not work, since it only contains drivers for XP/Vista. However, when I install the drivers of the website (as mentioned on http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20873) and open my network manager in Windows, it says an error "an unexpected error occurred" ... very helpful

I guess the drivers are not good, but no other drivers for this product are available and as far as I know I installed the 'correct' ones.

Can anyone help me out here plz

Message Edited by NightlordTW on 11-26-2009 11:16 AM
NightlordTW

Re: WUSB600N does not work on Windows 7 Ultimate - even not with site drivers

I installed some ralink drivers and it seems to work now

http://www.ralinktech.com/license_us.php?n=1&p=1&t=U0wyRnpjMlYwY3k4eU1EQTVMekV4THpBNUwyUnZkMjVzYjJGa016RTROVFV6TlRReU9TNWxlR1U5UFQxSlUxOUJVRjlUVkVGZlVsUXlPRGN3WDBRdE1TNDBMamN1TUY5V1FTMHlMak11Tnk0d1gxYzNMVE11TUM0M0xqQmZVbFV0TXk0eExqTXVNRjlCVlMwekxqQXVOQzR3WHpBNU1qVXdPVjh4TGpVdU5TNHdWMUJmUm5KbFpRPT1D

however, I dont think I'll recommend or buy these kind of hardware again

my message to cisco: if you want to keep your good name, provide better drivers and support!

great_white

That's Great that you were able to resolve the issue and it's Great way to resolve the problem...Enjoy:smileyhappy:
yleclerc

NightlordTW wrote:

my message to cisco: if you want to keep your good name, provide better drivers and support!

Cisco has a good rep with the "business" end but will be loosing "loyal" clients with the Linksys brand.

NHMike2

I too went to the Ralink site.  The version 2 drivers on Linksys download site aren't useful.  Linksys should link to Ralink http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=1 for RT2870.  It now seems to be working plus Ralink has a spiffy utility to monitor the network connection.

Linksys - please link to this site.

Saint Cad

All I know is that after loading the ralink drivers, my computer doesn't crash and restart everytime I try to power off.

LostGeographer

Got the ralink drivers and they worked as well for me as the ones available on the site. The **bleep** thing goes to connect, and pretty much just hangs until 10 minutes later I finally get "windows is unable to connect to network" this thing is about 10 minutes from going back to the store, I didn't buy it so I could have a second job in networking.
andywright

I Have had a lot of fun getting this to work in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Here is what works for me ...

Download the new Win 7 64 bit drivers from Linksys product page.

Unzip the folder with the win7-64 drivers.

Right click and select properties/general and the advanced option...untick the encryption (no idea why linksys encypted them !!!)

Now the weird bit.....plug in the adapter, allow it to find it...it dosn't install.

Go to Device manager

Go to the WUSB600N that is showing with the exclamation mark, right click and go to driver/update driver.

choose the 'I will select from list'

Go to Linksys manufacturer in the list...and select the WUSB600N v2 Driver from the list....accept the 'windows can't confirm this is correct' and force it to install.

You will now see it is installed and supposedly functioning correctly, but in my case was not picking up a signal !

Now switch off the PC, and switch back on again.

Go to devide manager, network adapters where a supposedly working WUSB600N is showing.

Go to driver/update driver

This time select browse for location and select the unencrypted-unzipped folder you got from the product page.

Allow it to install this driver to replace the other one.

In my case..voila it now works correctly .

Hope this works for you.