SpiderTex

Re: WUSB600n not being recognized on wake up of laptop

Alright, installed the new RaLink driver (Driver only)

Then had to edit the rt2870.inf file and add as per yclercks instructions

>>> insert 

I have further "modified" the rt2870.inf.  I have found info on how to to correctly set up the WUSB100 , WUSB100v2, WUSB600N and WUSB600Nv2 adapters.  My first "tweak" did not allow the WUSB600N adapter to appear on the list of "Safely Remove" devices:

[Linksys]
; DisplayName               Section                 DeviceID
; -----------               -------                 --------
%Linksys.DeviceDesc%        = RTWLAN.ndi,           USB\VID_1737&PID_0070
%Linksys_AG.DeviceDesc%     = RTWLAN.ndi,           USB\VID_1737&PID_0071
%linksys_v2.DeviceDesc%     = RTWLAN.ndi,           USB\VID_1737&PID_0078
%linksys_AG_v2.DeviceDesc%  = RTWLAN.ndi,           USB\VID_1737&PID_0079

Change and add to [strings...]

Linksys.DeviceDesc          = "Linksys WUSB100 RangePlus Wireless USB Adapter"
Linksys_AG.DeviceDesc       = "Linksys WUSB600N Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter"
linksys_v2.DeviceDesc       = "Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Network Adapter"
linksys_AG_v2.DeviceDesc    = "Linksys WUSB600N Wireless-N USB Adapter with Dual-Band ver. 2"

<<< END

Then control panel, devices, update driver, go "I define location", point to the c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ralink Driver\RT2870 Wireless LAN Card\Driver directory

OK

and the stick is recognised (you have to click ok on the warning that the driver is not certified)...

So, I'll switch off tonight and try tomorrow morning and let you all know if it solved or not...

cross your fingers

jrswitzer

I had the same problem on my HP e9220y desktop windows 7 home premium, Linksys WRT610n router.I tried installing drivers from cd. Adapter not recognized.Went to support site and downloaded new drivers and installed, no help. I did this several times with no help.Finally, I uninstalled everything, drivers, Network Magic, stared from scratch.First, I downloaded Setup file, new windows 7 drivers (3.0.10) to desktop. I installed Network Magic first from cd, then I ran setup from desktop file I downladed. Setup and new drivers installed properly. I tried sleep mode several times last night, worked great. This morning I woke PC everthing is working as it should. Seems like everything is working great. You may give this a try, start over with the setup and drivers from Linksys site, follow their instructions, see what happens.

SpiderTex

Alas, the Ralink drivers didn't do it....  cold boot still shows the device in the USB controllers section as an unknown device...

I'll remove the cable and see if that does anything...  (yeah right :smileysad:   )

Stoic

Thanks for the effort of trying it out SpiderTex. It's a shame this didn't work either and it's a bigger shame Linksys is not doing anything about it.
SpiderTex

as expected...  without the cradle / cable it doesn't make any difference....

Stoic

There is a new version of the Windows XP driver available: 1.4.10.0. I will try that one tonight.

jrobinson

Well would you look at this... Driver version: 3.0.10.0 (Windows 7 32 & 64-bit) Driver version: 2.3.10.0 (Windows Vista 32 & 64-bit) Driver version: 1.4.10.0 (Windows XP) Release date: March 24, 2010 - Resolves an issue where the adapter is not recognized or detected after the system resumes from a sleep mode.
jrobinson

And it's fixed!

Many thanks to linksys for sorting this out finally. I only wish you'd posted in here to let us all know!

SpiderTex

Installed the driver yesterday evening, when I tried to boot this morning, the WUSB600N wasn't recognised.

I could find the device back as an unknown USB device device. So no go folks....

I'll try tomorrow without the cradle...

jrobinson

It does work for me - Win7 x64