Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dan0000

Where to download XP drivers for WUSB54G v4

I just had to re-install an ancient version of windows XP Home edition on a crashed PC.  I plugged in my WUSB54G v4 to the USB outlet, and the wizard came up to install the software.  However, XP couldn't find any drivers for it, and I don't appear to have a CD with drivers on it. 

So, where on this site can I find them?  WHen I go to the WUSB54G page, it just gives me manuals to dowload, but no software...

Ronnie_USA

Re: Where to download XP drivers for WUSB54G v4

Go to this link  Here 

Its about a third of the way down the page.

Ricewind

Download the Driver WUSB54Gv4_20050321.exe , Once you have downloaded the drivers you need to unzip the file...After you unzip the file you should un-install the adapter drivers/software...Reboot your computer...You should see a message found new hardware...Select the option Install it from a specific location, then select Include this location in Search and browse to the place where you have unzipped all the files and select the Driver folder and click O.k...Then click Next and it should install the adapter drivers...

NOTE : This installation doesn't install the software(Linksys Monitor)...

Once the Adapter is installed, Click on the Start button >>> Control Panel >>> Network Connections- Right click on the "Wireless Network Connection" icon and select "View Available Wireless Networks"- If you see your wireless network in the list, highlight it by 'single' clicking on it- Now click on the 'Connect' button below- If your wireless network is secured, it would ask you to provide the network key- Provide the wireless networkkey and confirm it again in the confirmation box and click "Connect".

Amuneta

Okay I'm having this same issue, but when I click on the links you have provided I get an error. I downloaded on one of my working computers an ftp program. Try to connect at that point and still cant connect to get the required software. You'd think linksys would make it easy to get the software in the case of a lost disc....
gmaxton

Sleepyhead1

Hi. you can get the driver of your adapter in the cisco linksys website. follow this link click here then click on download tab then choose the version of your adapter which is ver 4 then click on download.. Make sure to download the correct driver that suits the operating system of your computer.