chuachongchee

Windows 7 x64 and Linksys WUSB54GC (v3)

Hi All,

I'm currently running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I bought a Linksys WUSB54GC (v3), black color one, I'm seem to have issues with what i think is a driver issue.

I used the original drivers on the CD Ver.4.9.90, it gets hang with error 211 at the installing drivers portion.

I tried to download the new Windows 7 x64 driver from Linksys Ver.3.00.01 (64-bit), I can install this driver fully and its running fine. But in the Network Connections, its disabled. When i try to enable it, it runs and its enabled, but when finished, its still (and forever) disabled..

Tried to download the new setup cd from the website as well, it also hangs with error 211 at the installing drivers portion.

I have used the same adapter to run and it works fine in my vmware windows xp sp2, so i don't think its a hw issue..

Any help from the folks here???

yleclerc

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Linksys WUSB54GC (v3)

I do believe that Linksys has still "failed" to provided 64 bit drivers.  Most of the drivers are geared to the 32 bit versions of Windows 7.  You may still get the drivers to work with 64 bit drivers.
chuachongchee

Hi,

I have tried that already... almost everything i have tried..

Worked correctly, just that wireless refuses to be enabled.. i can enable with no errors at all.. it simply jus says enabled and its stil disabled

- x64 Drivers from the Linksys Support Website (should be v3.0.1)

- x86 Drivers from the Linksys Support Website (Cannot even install)

Installed ok, but cannot enable device

- x64 drivers from the setup cd  (should be (2.2.0)

- x86 Drivers from the setup cd (Cannot even install)

- x64 drivers from the windows 7 daatbase itself (some microsoft driver, think should be for v1)

Can detect adaptor, cannot instal, failed with error 211

- used setup cd

- Downloaded the newer setup cd package

I actually bought 2 pieces of the adaptor... 

1 works perfectly on my brothers windows xp sp3 machine

1 (i'm having) works perfectly on windows 7 x32 ultimate on my work laptop, works perfectly on my vmware windows xp sp2, jus refuses to install on windows 7 x64 ultimate.

Anymore ideas anyone?? I'm close to returning this piece and probably trying another brand link belkin/d-link etc etc

chuachongchee

I need help please...

Anyone else encountered the same issues??

chuachongchee

Hi All,

Managed to resolve this.

Looks liek my ZoneAlarm Internet Security is the culprit... it seems to block certain behaviour of sorts... uninstalled it and installed my wireless... works perfectly now...
Carrot

It's Good to know that you were able to resolve the issue..Enjoy :smileyhappy: