Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cmacdon

Wireless Adapter Can't Find Internet

I use a WUSB54GS v 2.1 wireless adapter on my desktop located 15-20 feet away from my BEFSR81 router and the WAP51AB access point.

Maintaining a connection for the last year or so has been fine, but recently I have been having difficult connecting. I have talked with Linksys support on the phone and live chat numerous times and the changes of settings and tests have done nothing.

The adapter is picking up a connection but cannot find the internet. My browsers or instant messaging programs are unable to connect.

Keep in mind 2 other computers in my house use wireless adapters and are having no problems at all connecting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cmacdon

Re: Wireless Adapter Can't Find Internet

bump***
BMFOTP

"bump***"???  didn't get that one.

can you ping google or connect to other pc's on your network?
cmacdon

Yes and yes.
BMFOTP

If you can get a ping reply from google from that machine, you "should in a perfect world" be able 2 connect 2 the internet.  What OS re you using?  Did you check the device manager 2 check 4 conflicts?  If no known conflicts, you can still use the troubleshooting guide through DM.  Did you make a firewall changes or installation?  New pop up blocker?  Recent updates?  Are you using IE6, IE7, FireFox...?

Will other machines connect to the internet?  Can you put use your wireless device in any other machine?  I'm guessing you already reset everything (router, etc).  I've found that sometimes when I reset my router, a machine will not connect.  It's as if the router gets angry about all my machines bombarding it at once 4 a IP Addy.  I power them all down (reset the router when needed after testing, etc) & then power up the router.  Then the troubled machine...then the rest individually.

Shelby500

I am using Mozilla Firefox and the LinksysE2000 can't find it or use it

Shelby500

I am connected of course right now using Mozilla Firefox but my new Cisco LinksysE2000 can seem to find it, or know what it is.