Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wireless WUSB54GSC Will Not Connect to Internet

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have an ongoing dilemma.  I have a WUSB54GSC adapter that I'm trying to connect to the Internet with.  I've tried several of the corrective actions listed on this site, as well as repeatedly loading and unloading the adapter's software program.  I've loaded the adapter's drivers using the Knowledge Base article 4088 (which worked as stated).  I have another computer that is wired into the the same Router the wireless adapter is connecting to, and this other computer has no problem connecting to the Internet.

However, I am still not able to access the Internet with the Linksys WUSB54GSC.  I'm using the Windows XP Media Center Operating System, and the Router is a NetGear WGR614 54M RTL.  With all the efforts so far, what I have accomplished is getting the wireless adapter to make the connection with the Router.  And yet in spite of that, the wireless adapter software program never shows an I.P. Address, or a Subnet Masking Address (these two are always 0.0.0.0).  There is never a Gateway address shown (it's simply blank).  And the two DNS Information rows are blank as well.  So I am at a standstill as to why I can't get the proper protocol information into the adapter so it can make connection with the Internet.  I've tried using setting up the adapter through the XP wireless procedure.  I get the same results.  The monitor icon in the systray always says that the address is being searched for, but it never finds one.  Can anyone help me with this problem?  Thank you for any assistance!!!

Jeff

Re: Wireless WUSB54GSC Will Not Connect to Internet

One computer is connected to the router and able to access the internet.

Open the setup page of your router and make sure that you have the correct settings of your wireless network.

If your wireless network is secured then check the network key/password.

What is the security mode on your wireless network?

Uninstall the adapter utility from your computer and install only the drivers of your wireless adapter.

Now try to connect to the wireless network using windows wireless connection.

If your wireless network is secured then it will ask you to enter the network key. Enter the correct network.

See if that helps you.

Howdy Quack,

Yes, I did try that sequence before.  However, I tried it again today.  I get all the way to where the window tells me it's connecting to the Network.  But then it never does.  The window disappears, and nothing has happened.

I appreciate your suggestion.  I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.  The signals between the adapter and the router are there, but they never make a true connection.

Jeff

Whoooops!!! Robot surprised

Welcome to the wonderful world of computers.  After trying your suggestion a couple of times (and changing the password on the router) we have NETWORK!!  Thanks for your reply to my problem.  It is so good to have both computers in our SOHO up and connecting to the WWW.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving when it gets here.  I know we will.  Take are and keep up the great work.

Jeff