ccabb0tt07

Wireless adapter not connecting

I installed the wireless adapter. At first it would find my router, but not connect. Then I manually put in the ip, subnet ect into the tcp/ip and that got me connected.

It says that I am connected to my router, and I have a strong signal. Still the internet doesnt work. It sends packets very slowly and receives them even slower like 1 per 30 seconds. The little icon is blinking blue and I have a very good signal, 4/5 bars, but no internet.

I have tried unistalling and resetting router and that did nothing.

TIA for the help.

Re: Wireless adapter not connecting

hEy!

dO have a wired computer working with the router?
if you do...did you enter the same IPaddress and DNS to your wireless computer?
ccabb0tt07

[ Edited ]
Hey thanks for replying.

Yes there is a wired comp to the router. I got the ip address from that computer. For the sub mask and others I looked in the router config page...192.168.0.1...should they be different or the same. I'll try looking them up again, but someone is using that comp.

Also theres 2 other computers that are hooked up wireless to the router with no prob

Message Edited by ccabb0tt07 on 05-12-200707:48 PM

yEs,,the IPaddressess and DNS should be the same...the IPaddressess should be on 192.168.0.X..
anywAy,,what is the exact error message that you get when you try to connect to your netwOrk?

ccabb0tt07

well I dont get an error message...

I found out that I can put in any made up ip address in the tcp and it will say connected, but the internet doesnt work.

when I leave it on automatic, it sits there trying to acquire the ip to no avail.
triffie

I would like to know why I keep loosing my wireless connection.  I am connected to the internet but not through my router.  I have a linksys WRT120N Router.  it works fine for awhile but then it looses it's connection.  It seems like everytime I get a windows update it disappears on me. Is there something there that I need to change?  when I click to repair the connection  it says that there is no break in the connection.  How do I repair this annoying problem?