Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tmyate01
Accepted Solution

XP loses wireless connection after standby or hibernate (WPC54GX4)

I am currently running Win XP SP3 on a Toshiba Satellite a15-s129 laptop.  I have a Linksys wireless router (WRT54GX2 ver 2) connected to an HP a350n desktop.  I have a Linksys wireless adapter (WPC54GX4) connected to my Toshiba laptop.  On my laptop, whenever I come out of standby or hibernate mode, my laptop will not resume my wireless connection via the WPC54GX4.  I initially fixed this problem months ago when I set the configuration to allow windows to manage my wireless network.  However, I can no longer seem to find this option and I'm at the end of my rope.  Does anyone have any ideas?

peanuts

Re: XP loses wireless connection after standby or hibernate (WPC54GX4)

Try these steps first uninstall the adapter and then reiinstall the adapter using the following steps. I assume you are using windows XP operating System..
Uninstall the drivers for the Adapter from start >> All programs ....
>> Insert the Setup CD in the cd drive>> Click on Exit when the
Linksys welcome screen appears>>Click on start. Unplug & replug adapter ...>> There should be a "" Found New Hardware Wizard ""
that pops up on your screen>> Click on “Install software
automatically “, and then click on next. Once the installation is
complete>> Right click on the wireless network connection icon in the
system tray besides the clock >>Click on view wireless networks and
then connect to your network name.
ernst

Re: XP loses wireless connection after standby or hibernate (WPC54GX4)

laptop  micron  with   wpc54gx4    andwindows 2000..    it is completely off line.  how do i resurrect it.   bring it back to life.?