tracyfearson

Re: ae1000 disconnects from system

Goto control panel

goto system

goto device manager

goto universal serial bus drivers

right click Intel (R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller and select update drivers

select search the web

select intel drivers instead of microsoft

tracyfearson

Finally fixed!!!!!!

Goto the adapter advanced setting in device manager.

Set Multimedia/gaming environment to on.

No more disconnects for me.

spadbarn

I am not sure if im having the same problem but when I woke up yesterday my adapter wasnt being recognized by the computer. I plugged it in another usb port at the later part of the day and it seemed to work. However, is it normal that my adapter becomes hot? im not sure if its normal I just want to clarify

Im actually using the extension cord

btw, what does enabling multimedia/game environment do?

poulinluc

I have the same problem. No more connection and the adapters always gets hot. If you ever get the solution please write.

bretired

Okay-I don't know what enabling the game thing has to do with anything, but in my case

I no longer have disconnects from system with the AE1000. Try it.

yogi53

I've got the AE1200, a similar wireless "N" adapter--I can't say I've tried this out yet, but I was in the middle of the session with tech-support, and realized that for the most part, when I got a "BSOD," or blue-screen of death, it happened when I wasn't actively using the co

mputer.

So I've recently tried disabling the "power saving mode" on the properties, of the adapter, in question in the device manager.  It's on one of the tabs when you go to the device manager, then right-click, choose properties, find the right tab, and uncheck "Allow windows to put this device in power saving mode."

Not sure if this is it, but I'm just trying to find a workaround.  It's been a few hours now, though that is no indication it has worked.  It is something you might want to try, as I am sure the problems are similar.  You've got the AE1000 I believe.  I figure it's a driver issue, perhaps to do with cooperating with Windows on that putting it into power saving mode.

I'll tell you something else--I really wish they had more information on configuring the adapter itself, it's properties.  It may well be that one of them needs to be tweaked, but I can find little to no information on it, and as usual, they write terrible manuals on this stuff.  I did see several options on the "configure wireless adapter," that had to do wtih power settings.  Anyway, good luck, and maybe they'll find the solution soon.

yogi53

As far as it getting hot, when mine disconnects, and I've read several other replies that say theirs does too, it does get hot.  It also constantly flashes the little blue indicator light, as if it's working over-time, which I think is what is causing the overheating.  It feels pretty cool most of the time.

spadbarn wrote:

I am not sure if im having the same problem but when I woke up yesterday my adapter wasnt being recognized by the computer. I plugged it in another usb port at the later part of the day and it seemed to work. However, is it normal that my adapter becomes hot? im not sure if its normal I just want to clarify

Im actually using the extension cord

btw, what does enabling multimedia/game environment do?

Nachosuri

Thanks I had the same problem and solved your way, 

yogi53

Sadly, even with power mode disabled, I got another blue-screen yesterday, though they do seem less frequent.  I would swap it out, but I feel like the same thing would happen again.  But I might have to eventually try that, as maybe it was a bad lot.  I sent the serial number on to support, as the guy asked for--didn't have it yesterday.

I hate it, no tech upgrade, goes unpunished.

Bhavn

I cannot configorate my adapter when i try to reinstall it massage is appear the files needed 'rt2870 sys' on 802.11n usb wireless network adapter is  needed and insturction shows copy from c:\windows but tried to it said verifie the file name