Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
desiaznwitekid

for newer WUSB54GC drivers...

Just go to http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html and download the second file. The current Linksys drivers are version 1.0.2 from just over a year ago (12/28/05), while the ones on Ralink's site are version 1.1.4 from 11/16/06. Not to mention, there are Linux and Mac drivers, which Linksys claims don't work with this.
ryan19

Re: for newer WUSB54GC drivers...

[ Edited ]
would these run even though they run off different chipsets, also can u just post the driver i don't want to download the whole file.

Message Edited by ryan19 on 01-03-200704:34 PM

desiaznwitekid

They are the same chipset.
ryan19

don't work
redirishhoney

[ Edited ]
Here you go everyone...  link directly to Linksys' page including Drivers, Quick Install, User Guide and Data Sheet. 

Just select your version (there's only 1 type) from the drop down and links will display on page...

Includes Vista Driver as well!

Message Edited by redirishhoney on 01-25-2008 01:23 PM

Message Edited by redirishhoney on 01-25-2008 01:24 PM
ss-islander

Thanks I downloaded the file. It says you have to configure this in the network pane. Any help on that?
mwvonlehe

Hi everyone,

I have started a new website on google which talks about updating drivers for Linksys Wireless Products.

There is information there about the Linksys WUSB54GC versions 1 and 3 with Ralink chipsets.

To visit this imformative website go here:

http://sites.google.com/site/linksysupdateddrivers/

Hope this helps some one...

mistaecko

Thanks, mw! Your website helped me a lot!

The Ralink drivers (WUSB54GC) linked from your website worked for me! After installing the package (drivers only) the Windows Hardware Wizard would not automatically locate the drivers though. I found the drivers in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ralink...

Copied the drivers for backup, uninstalled the package and then pointed the Hardware Wizard to the driver directory. Installed like a breeze!

Would be nice if somebody offered a driver only package, it's just under 2 MB. No need for an installer either.

mistaecko

mwvonlehe

Hi mistaecko,

Glad they worked for you! The reason that you have to go to \Documents and Settings\ is because the driver package has been manipulated to include the linksys rt73 wireless adapters and therefore is no longer "digitally signed" and therefore will not automatically load the driver. This is a Windows XP thing. However the package loads the driver correctly for Vista and Windows 7.

For Vista, driver can be found at: C:\ProgramData\Ralink Driver\RT7x Wireless LAN Card\Driver\

For XP, driver can be found at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ralink Driver\RT7x Wireless LAN Card

The reason that it is so big is that it includes drivers for XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, and Windows 7 32/64. It also includes the Ralink Wireless and Access Point Utilities. But yes you can extract the drivers the way that you mentioned :smileyhappy:

Take care,

Mike

veshoilir@hotmail.com

wusb 54gc drivers