Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
unclewayne

"Limited or no connectivity"

Hi,

I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router at my computer and a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 ghz USB Adapter connected to my wife's computer which is in an adjacent room (we're both using WinXP Home). We've had this setup for a couple of years now with no major problems.

Since Saturday my wife has been unable to log onto the 'net even though the Network Status shows "connected" and the Signal Strength varies from "good" to "excellent". She gets an "Internet Explorer is cannot display the webpage".

I ran virus and spyware scans but of course I can't download any new definitions. I did a System Restore to a week before the problem began.

I tried to release & renew the IP address but the message "media state... media disconnected" appeared. I verified that the adapter was firmly connected. I refreshed the network list and tried to connect to Linksys network and the network I set up and each time it says "acquiring network address", then "limited or no connectivity".

I ran the original Linksys disk and received this message: "You are connected to the access point but the Internet cannot be found." I even followed the steps in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article to start the Wireless Zero Configuration service
to make sure my network was properly configured. I also downloaded Microsoft's "Guided Help" program to try to restore the Internet connection. Nothing.

So far I've tried everything I can imagine and I am desperate for any help.

Thanks.
Ricewind

Re: "Limited or no connectivity"

Hi… When it says limited or no connectivity, it may be because your router is not able to provide the IP address. Make sure your router settings are correct. Try changing the SSID and WEP key on the router, set the channel to 6, 9 or 11, and try connecting to this new SSID. Try reducing the beacon interval to 50 and RTS and Fragmentation Threshold by 40 each, if needed. If you still have an issue, I would suggest you to download the latest firmware for your router and drivers for adapter. Upgrade the firmware and install the new drivers and test the connection.

Momto2boys

I'm having the same issues - if you get your solved, let us know.  I've been searching for answers for days.

Thanks
unclewayne

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I manually reset the IP address and the DNS server address (192.168.1.1 & 4.2.2.0, respectively) on the host and client computers. I went into http://192.168.1.1 and verified everything was set properly. Still no connection.

I installed drivers for the adapter and firmware for the router and made sure the settings were the same on both computers.

I'm not sure how to reduce the beacon interval, the RTS or the Fragmentation Threshold.

Strange thing, I went into Device Manager and clicked Network Adapters and it shows NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (NGRPCI) but not the Linksys router. Shouldn't that be displayed? Could that be the source of the problems?
mimiof4

I noticed there are over 50 pages of posts about this problem.  It seems you can connect to the router but the remote computer or laptop  cannot connect to the internet even though they are connected to the router.  The message says "limited or no connectivity" available to the internet.  When you refresh the connection the remote computer cannot renew an IP.

I read practically every post on this issue and not once have I seen a post that any solutions offered worked.  This is so frustrating

Can anyone help, please????
frustration

I have the same exact problem
it says im hooked up but i can get no internet connection
mcohrs

I keep reading these same issues and it seems to be getting worse.  I wonder if I virus has hit this equipment and is spreading throughout the internet?
ld1244

one network works but2 others show "Limited or no connectivity"

what gives? i get connected (albeit slowly) on one nearby wireless network, but 2 others, that have worked perfectly for years, now indicate "Limited or no connectivity" -- and will not connect. this just happened about 3 days ago. very frustrating...tried downloading patches, to no avail. help?
ld1244

what gives? i get connected (albeit slowly) on one nearby wireless network, but 2 others, that have worked perfectly for years, now indicate "Limited or no connectivity" -- and will not connect. this just happened about 3 days ago. very frustrating...tried downloading patches, to no avail. help?
plantdoc

I have experienced the same problem but so far it seems intermittent. Apparently, the computer? is not receiving an IP address from the ISP even thought I have set the computer to automatically find IP address. My solution has been to reset the cable modem by pushing the small button. Apparently, this forces a resend of the IP address. Still confused by all this "stuff". Greg